News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pics of my past layouts.

Started by stationmaster12, October 19, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hey everyone. I have pics of my past layouts. The time spans over 5 years. Some stuff I've sold, regrettably. Right now I don't have on O gauge layout, but my might change soon. I'm between scales HO and O Gauge. Anyway hope you enjoy and please post some of your layouts as well I enjoy those!

Enjoy!
Keep God first in all that you do.

Country Joe

Nice layouts, Stationmaster. I'm also between layouts right now. I'm just starting on a new O gauge layout so I don't have any pictures.

stationmaster12

This week I am helping a friend move and he offered me a bunch of his HO stuff, so I think I'll build an HO layout. But I'll keep my O gauge stuff for the holidays. I love my Williams loco and plan to get more.

EIS

I really like the layout in your first picture.  I like small simple layouts.  Small layouts with simple engines have a certain charm about them.

Earl

stationmaster12

Hey everybody,
Pics of my new layout in the works!!! I still need to ge lumber to build proper legs for it!!

I cant wait to rum my Williams SD90 on this one!

stationmaster12

Hey ETS,
I agree with you. I've had some of the fancy sound equipped locos with the command an all in the past. Ask me where they are now...I have no clue. I've sold them. All I I have now is a Williams SD90, an old 1960's Lionel Scout loco and my son's Thomas. In my experience I've found that while they are nice, life happens and when they break down it costs a lot of money to repair. not the case with Williams. I love my Williams loco. I'd love to get something crazy like one of the BL-2. They're so different looking and it seem that not too many people like them. I decide against building an HO layout as I stated in previous posts. I'm going with O gauge!! Here in Nashville there isn't much support for HO, and with my low vision O gauge just makes more sense. Plus they are more fun to run in my opinion.  Here is what the lyaout looks like so far.

stationmaster12

Just an Update. This layout of mine goes through so many changes! Soon I will post pics of the progress. I've decided to give my son my O gauge stuff, but we will run it on OUR layout. I will get more Williams locos as time and monwy allow. I just love them.

phillyreading

Quote from: Country Joe on October 20, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
Nice layouts, Stationmaster. I'm also between layouts right now. I'm just starting on a new O gauge layout so I don't have any pictures.

I have to agree, nice layout for a small area.
I am working on getting a new house or renting another one with more room in it so I can set up a layout.
Lost my house about two years ago to a foreclosure, been renting since then.

I have bought some more Williams engines and rolling stock for the layout. This time I may concentrate on the Reading Railroad; Reading Lines, Reading Company, Reading & Northern, Philadelphia & Reading Mining & Railway company.

Lee F.

stationmaster12

Hey Lee F.
I'm sorry to hear about your house. I love mine. We bought ours about two years ago.  and I hated renting. I hope that you can someday own again. There isn't anything like owning your home. Post some pics (if you can) of the progress of your layout. I'd love to see it.