what happened to the spell checker

Started by RAM, October 19, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Is it just me or is the spell checker missing?

Jerrys HO

Ram it has not been working for me either.

jbrock27

Correct, it does not come up anymore I have noticed.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

If you right click your mouse on your words during REVIEW, it should underline and place in red, words that need attention.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

woehf2 c ql;fn  wlei2pwr23ew, mf cwrfj230rj23dm

Yep, it's missing.  All the above are spelt correctly it seems.  It never even tried to correct "spelt" to the American "spelled".   :)

Anyway, from the spelling we've see on this board it seems that many people never ever bothered with the spell checker, even when it was working.    ;D

Cheers

Roger T.

Doneldon

Quote from: rogertra on October 20, 2014, 08:00:43 PM
It never even tried to correct "spelt" to the American "spelled".

Roger-

Not to burst your bubble or argue that the spell checker still exists but "spelt" shouldn't be picked up by a spell checker. It's a real English word, a type of grain, similar to wheat but not as well respected.

-- D

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on October 20, 2014, 10:34:10 PM
Quote from: rogertra on October 20, 2014, 08:00:43 PM
It never even tried to correct "spelt" to the American "spelled".

Roger-

Not to burst your bubble or argue that the spell checker still exists but "spelt" shouldn't be picked up by a spell checker. It's a real English word, a type of grain, similar to wheat but not as well respected.
                                                                              -- D

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.  Did not know of that use of the word.  To me, it's always been the past tense of "Spell", so you live and learn.   :)

Cheers

Roger T.

NarrowMinded

Mine seems to be using auto correct as I write, but I'm using a kindle now.

Nm-Jeff