News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge

Started by Cheeky_ULP, October 26, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Then, when all or most of them have been released in my other post on this Discussion, these should be thought about:

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Locomotives:
Narrow Gauge Ivo Hugh
Narrow Gauge Duke
Narrow Gauge Bertram
Narrow Gauge Mighty Mac
Narrow Gauge Proteus
Narrow Gauge Victor
Narrow Gauge Luke
Narrow Gauge Millie
Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Freight Rolling Stock:
Narrow Gauge Quarry Wagon
Narrow Gauge Slab Wagon
Narrow Gauge V-Tipper Wagon

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on October 30, 2015, 06:38:43 PM
Then, when all or most of them have been released in my other post on this Discussion, these should be thought about:

Narrow Gauge Ivo Hugh
Narrow Gauge Duke
Narrow Gauge Bertram
Narrow Gauge Mighty Mac
Narrow Gauge Proteus
Narrow Gauge Luke
I don't think HiT actually allows BACHMANN to release RWS exclusive Engines or stock, either that or they just won't by their own choice, so I don't really see Ivo Hugh happening, Proteus and Bertram I think would need more appearances to create enough demand for them to be in the range, so I'd strike those 2 out...for now, unless they return for a few episodes in a new season, Mighty Mac is a similar case but not as bad. Duke has the demand of the older fans but I believe he too would need to make a grand return before BACHMANN would produce him, oddly enough out of all those engines I think Luke has the highest chance, being recently introduced but seen enough and liked by old fans and new, but again, he will need time I think. But after they produce the other engines I suppose plenty of time could've passed, so who knows really?
Just some thoughts
~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on November 08, 2015, 06:14:01 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on October 30, 2015, 06:38:43 PM

Narrow Gauge Ivo Hugh
Narrow Gauge Duke
Narrow Gauge Bertram
Narrow Gauge Mighty Mac
Narrow Gauge Proteus
Narrow Gauge Victor
Narrow Gauge Luke
Narrow Gauge Millie
I don't think HiT actually allows BACHMANN to release RWS exclusive Engines or stock, either that or they just won't by their own choice, so I don't really see Ivo Hugh happening, Proteus and Bertram I think would need more appearances to create enough demand for them to be in the range, so I'd strike those 2 out...for now, unless they return for a few episodes in a new season, Mighty Mac is a similar case but not as bad. Duke has the demand of the older fans but I believe he too would need to make a grand return before BACHMANN would produce him, oddly enough out of all those engines I think Luke has the highest chance, being recently introduced but seen enough and liked by old fans and new, but again, he will need time I think. But after they produce the other engines I suppose plenty of time could've passed, so who knows really?
Just some thoughts
~Alex

Why wouldn't HiT Enetertainment allow Bachmann to produce RWS Engines? I could see Mighty Mac getting released, but I expect it would be complicated, so it would be expensive. Anyway, before we see Mighty Mac, Victor, Luke and Millie get released, we really need the classic Engines in production from Bachmann first, which is Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on November 08, 2015, 06:32:16 AM
Why wouldn't HiT Enetertainment allow Bachmann to produce RWS Engines? I could see Mighty Mac getting released, but I expect it would be complicated, so it would be expensive. Anyway, before we see Mighty Mac, Victor, Luke and Millie get released, we really need the classic Engines in production from Bachmann first, which is Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan.
A few years ago BACHMANN announced 2 trucks that had been RWS exclusives and from what I've heard they couldn't get approval from HiT to manufacture them, although I could be wrong, I think RWS models also have a narrower (no pun intended) target audience to more easily appeal to, as the TVS is more relevant to the younger audience, which seems to be deprived of the RWS, which is a shame really, there are lot's of amazing RWS stories that haven't made it to screens or into the hearts and minds of children they were intended for after all...

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on November 08, 2015, 06:37:41 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on November 08, 2015, 06:32:16 AM
A few years ago BACHMANN announced 2 trucks that had RWS exclusives and from what I've heard they couldn't get approval from HiT to manufacture them, although I could be wrong, I think RWS models also have a narrower (no pun intended) target audience to more easily appeal to, as the TVS is more relevant to the younger audience, which seems to be deprived of the RWS, which is a shame really, there are lot's of amazing RWS stories that haven't made it to screens or into the hearts and minds of children they were intended for after all...

That was back in 2005. I wondered why those Wagons where cancelled. I wouldn't care if the Wagons came from the RWS or the TV Series. I want Bachmann and Hornby to release products from both to expand the variety of products avilaible.

Chaz

A few years ago BACHMANN announced 2 trucks that had RWS exclusives and from what I've heard they couldn't get approval from HiT to manufacture them, although I could be wrong, I think RWS models also have a narrower (no pun intended) target audience to more easily appeal to, as the TVS is more relevant to the younger audience, which seems to be deprived of the RWS, which is a shame really, there are lot's of amazing RWS stories that haven't made it to screens or into the hearts and minds of children they were intended for after all...

Alex, that is correct.  Fred and Ricketty were both announced in 2005 and were cancelled in mid-production because Hit did not approve of them being made, hence why the open wagon was blue and the cargo car was painted orange (which was odd because at that time, there were no orange wagons on the show). 

Bachmann generally aims to make characters as they were in the television series rather than designs from the books.  Some of the rolling stock they have made in the past have done stock that have some nice RWS touches to them, including the blue narrow gauge van has an 'SR' logo printed on too.  That alone has me tempted to pick one of those up! 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on November 08, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Alex, that is correct.  Fred and Ricketty were both announced in 2005 and were cancelled in mid-production because Hit did not approve of them being made, hence why the open wagon was blue and the cargo car was painted orange (which was odd because at that time, there were no orange wagons on the show).  

Bachmann generally aims to make characters as they were in the television series rather than designs from the books.  Some of the rolling stock they have made in the past have done stock that have some nice RWS touches to them, including the blue narrow gauge van has an 'SR' logo printed on too.  That alone has me tempted to pick one of those up!  

So is that why the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car was released, as they where supposed to be Fred Pelhay and Rickety, but instead Bachmann released the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car, as HiT Entertainment would not give the approval too Bachmann to put those two Open Wagon's into production?

Have you already got a 77202 Narrow Gauge Box Van - Blue then?

Chaz

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on November 08, 2015, 02:54:21 PM

So is that why the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car was released as they where supposed to be Fred Pelhay and Rickety, but instead Bachmann released the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car?

Yes that is correct. 

No I do not have one yet, I said that I am tempted to pick one up, but I don't have any of the Skarloey stock yet.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on November 08, 2015, 03:00:08 PM

So is that why the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car was released, as they where supposed to be Fred Pelhay and Rickety, but instead Bachmann released the Open Wagon - Blue and the Cargo Car, as HiT Entertainment would not give the approval too Bachmann to put those two Open Wagon's into production?

Yes that is correct. 

No I do not have one yet, I said that I am tempted to pick one up, but I don't have any of the Skarloey stock yet.

Thank you. What is wrong with putting RWS characters into a merchandise production though? Why do HiT Entertainment have a problem with it?

I plan on getting Narrow Gauge Skarloey and all of the Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock as well.

Chaz

Bachmann tries to produce the models as they are seen in the television series, they've done some stock with some RWS theme to it as I said earlier.  But for the most part they usually aim to make the ranges to look like what's seen on the television series because that's what more people are familiar with nowadays. 

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on November 08, 2015, 06:10:24 PM
Bachmann tries to produce the models as they are seen in the television series, they've done some stock with some RWS theme to it as I said earlier.  But for the most part they usually aim to make the ranges to look like what's seen on the television series because that's what more people are familiar with nowadays.  

I agree they do. Hornby produce their Thomas & Friends Locomotives as they would appear in real life.

Metal

shining time

Alex, that is correct.  Fred and Ricketty were both announced in 2005 and were cancelled in mid-production because Hit did not approve of them being made, hence why the open wagon was blue and the cargo car was painted orange (which was odd because at that time, there were no orange wagons on the show).  

Bachmann generally aims to make characters as they were in the television series rather than designs from the books.  Some of the rolling stock they have made in the past have done stock that have some nice RWS touches to them, including the blue narrow gauge van has an 'SR' logo printed on too.  That alone has me tempted to pick one of those up!  

if you wanted to you could make fred pelhay if you can get you hands on a cargo car
heres a link to the on i did http://jmoney919.deviantart.com/art/models-296114473
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: shining time on November 10, 2015, 08:09:44 PM

if you wanted to you could make fred pelhay if you can get you hands on a cargo car
heres a link to the on i did http://jmoney919.deviantart.com/art/models-296114473

I haven't got time to be making my own characters, but thank you for the suggestion.