New -- Bachmann E-Z App Wireless Train Control System

Started by Hunt, October 29, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

Constant voltage to the track is required so you would not be able to run a variable voltage DC loco on the same track. No special equipment is needed but you will need to supply power to the track via a wall pack, etc...
Electrical interference is not really a problem since the command signals are not sent via the track. An Android version will be released at the same time as the IOS version.

James in FL

The reply from bluerailtrains;

"Bachmann hasn't given me a shareable release date for the N board, but I know it is a priority with them.

If you can give me the dimensions of the space available in your favorite locos I will pass that information on to the hardware chief so he can add that to his N specs.

Dave Rees
BlueRail Trains"

On 11/3/2014 5:38 PM, xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com wrote:

How long till we see it in N scale?

-----Original Message-----
To: xxxxxxxxxx  <xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 3, 2014 4:46 pm
Subject: Re: Message from Individual Contact Form

Bucksco

The first releases in the EZ App series will be Spring/Summer 2015 in HO scale. Although Bachmann would like to commit to other scales it would not be prudent to do so at this time.

jward

what will the prices be? will it be cost competitive with dcc?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Quote from: jward on November 04, 2014, 10:23:54 PM
what will the prices be? will it be cost competitive with dcc?

Jeff-

I doubt if they have prices determined yet and I wouldn't expect to see that kind of
information before the product is released even if they have set prices.
                                                                                                          -- D

Joe323

From what I have read this system is both DC and dcc compatible.  I believe a constant voltage is required I suppose a wall wart might do that.

The biggest negative that I hear with this system is that sound come from the phone.

Bachmann says an android app is coming.

If I had my druthers I would love to see this combined with a rechargeable battery system.  That way logos would go in and out of service just as the prototype does.  I could see setting up a service area on the layout for locomotive.  Plus track cleaning would be mostly a thing of the past.

Bucksco

Just to clarify - the new EZ App Bluetooth system locos can be run on a DCC layout at the same time as a DCC loco. The controllers are not interoperable. In other words you can't run a Bluetooth loco with a DCC controller and you can't run a DCC loco with your smart device. What you CAN do is run them both on the same DCC layout at the same time. As far as being compatible with DC is concerned the Bluetooth locos need full power to the track (like DCC) so that would make it impossible to run a DC loco at the same time.

Joe323

The problem as I see it though is if I already have a good DCC system. There may not be reason to run out and buy new technology.

Bucksco

There really is no need to buy anything other than a new locomotive if you want to try it out. If you have a smart phone or device that supports Bluetooth 4 you have everything you need. Bachmann will still continue to manufacture DCC and support it but the advent of a software based system that can be upgraded easily is very exciting. EZ App will give the user the ability to change sound and light settings in their loco without having to manipulate configuration variables. All the settings will be easily accessible in a windows based format that is icon driven. In other words you wont need a controller that has a myriad of buttons and a reference manual in order to change a simple function in your loco. It will also be very appealing to new customers who have accepted smart technology (kids). We plan to explore all of the possibilities in regard to model railroad "gameplay" such as downloadable apps that feature games and scenario driven experiences with model railroading. It really is quite exciting and evolutionary!

beast101

Quote from: Yardmaster on November 05, 2014, 07:42:56 PM
There really is no need to buy anything other than a new locomotive if you want to try it out. If you have a smart phone or device that supports Bluetooth 4 you have everything you need. Bachmann will still continue to manufacture DCC and support it but the advent of a software based system that can be upgraded easily is very exciting. EZ App will give the user the ability to change sound and light settings in their loco without having to manipulate configuration variables. All the settings will be easily accessible in a windows based format that is icon driven. In other words you wont need a controller that has a myriad of buttons and a reference manual in order to change a simple function in your loco. It will also be very appealing to new customers who have accepted smart technology (kids). We plan to explore all of the possibilities in regard to model railroad "gameplay" such as downloadable apps that feature games and scenario driven experiences with model railroading. It really is quite exciting and evolutionary!

Yeah i totally agree with you

Clash of Clans AstuceCriminal Case HackAstuce Minion RushAstuce Game of War Fire AgeAstuce Dragon CityHay Day AstuceGenerateur de Credits Fifa 15Fifa 15 Coin Generator