can i use a ez command center and dynamis controller on the same large layout?

Started by goneloco, November 03, 2014, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goneloco

I have a large HO scale layout that operates with a EZ command center controller plus dc control unit to run non chipped locos.  Can I add a Dynamis wireless unit so that I can "walkaround"  the yard ? The layout also has the 5 amp booster installed.  Looking at the provided wiring diagram of the dynamis it appears that I can not.   Suggestions or a wiring diagram is kindly requested.
the Dynamis unit was purchased so I can add greater scope in the layouts operations.

ACY

Quote from: goneloco on November 03, 2014, 02:22:07 AM
I have a large HO scale layout that operates with a EZ command center controller plus dc control unit to run non chipped locos.  Can I add a Dynamis wireless unit so that I can "walkaround"  the yard ? The layout also has the 5 amp booster installed.  Looking at the provided wiring diagram of the dynamis it appears that I can not.   Suggestions or a wiring diagram is kindly requested.
the Dynamis unit was purchased so I can add greater scope in the layouts operations.
You cannot use a Dynamis controller in conjunction with the EZ-Command System. There is no means to do so since the Dyanmis requires an Infra-Red system to communicate, and the EZ-Command obviously doesn't have the means to support that. You will need to buy a full Dynamis system to use an additional Dynamis controller. Or you can buy an EZ-Command walk-around companion to use with the basic EZ-Command System, but you would need to install jacks at the appropriate locations on your layout.