News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Christmas set

Started by fhenn, November 13, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhenn

I ordered a Christmas set in the box, when it arrived the entire chasis was torn apart need to order a new chasis this has no numbers on the loco but is red with the wood burner stack has a green gondola car with graphics no numbers any one have an idea what the part number is. Thank You

Chuck N

Where did you buy it?  Was it supposed to be new?

A picture would help someone identify it.

Chuck

fhenn

I am sorry it was suppose to be like new in the orginal box.  The only thing I can find is the road number on it which is 25 . I do not know how to post pictures sorry thanks for your time.

Chuck N

If it was supposed to be new, send it back.  I shouldn't come in parts.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi fhenn,

I am guessing you got it on Ebay or something so have no warranty. An older set called the White Christmas Express has a loco with that number which was a wood burner and a green gondola with two wreaths on the sides, and a caboose with a sleigh and reindeer.

If so it is a set that was  in the catalog from 1994 to 1998 :

90023      White Christmas Express   1994   1998   Freight   25   Ver3   Green Gon with Xmas gifts    Bobber Cab w/sleigh & Reindeer   

The exact chassis for this loco is not available, but this one will work fine:

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_148&products_id=4086&zenid=og1ef1ekitj3etrcjovo2u4q95

The above chassis has the short pilot(cowcatcher) and yours has a longer one for woodburners. It  is easy to change the pilots if yours is still in one piece.  The other differences are  that the colors on the replacement chassis are not like the colors on the your original loco chassis. If matching colors is important you can paint the chassis parts before installing it.  It will fit fine and you only have to connect two wires to the switch behind the smokebox door.

The good news is that you will have a version 5 chassis that is a great runner and should with care give you great service!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

fhenn

Thanks Bill for the help I am a player this will work fine

fhenn

Thank you Bill and Bachmann, I ordered the new Chassis on the 14th and it arrive today. What great customer service