News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Can we have new tank cars in On30?

Started by finderskeepers, October 18, 2007, 12:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br549

Bachmann made 0n30 narrow gauge an affordable  way for people to enjoy the narrow gauge modeling. The prototypical models are great and have their place in the hobby market no doubt, but far out of price range for the "common" railroad enthusiast.  Thanks to Bachmann they have made it possible for the everyday modeler to  :D enjoy and have fun.
My opinion,  Bachmann is in my price range and their quality of products suit's me just fine without the high end costs.  ;)

glennk28

I really agree--there is plenty of high-end stuff out there for those whao want it--Bachmann is in a good price market. 

BTW--does anyone know where I can find the On30 hopper lettered for "Scrooge Collieries"?  I want to convert one to On3 and tuck it in among the other cars--gj

br549

glennk28, I checked my LHS and they didn't have one at all.  Have you tried eBay's "The favorite spot" or" Micro mark" yet?
Just a thought...

finderskeepers

I guess Bachmann is off the hook now that San Juan has announced production of a Gramps Tank car with all new tooling. That will give Bachmann more time to spend on making us a really nice heisler!!!

SteamGene

I'd like a Gramps tanker that looks like a real Gramps tanker and not an EBT tanker.   This is not to say that I don't like mine.  :D
Merry Eleventh Day of Christmas.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

glennk28

They're coming from San Juan Car Co later this year.  gj  Meanwhile--what has happened to them in LS from Bachmann?

the Bach-man

Dear Glenn,
They are available now.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

glennk28

I guess I'll have to try another dealer--St.A doesn't seem to know about them--gj