News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

5 Bachmann related simple questions

Started by trainstrainstrains, November 16, 2014, 05:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainstrainstrains

I've  been  looking at the page with the wheel sets with contacts, Great stuff, thank you, looks like the thing to do if the friction is minimal and the contact good. If I understand  correctly to have the ball bearing  system I would have to change at least 1 set of wheels on the Stock car that already has metal wheels. Alternatively  if I install article LGB 63193 ELECTRICAL CONTACT it would be easy and a little cheaper , but are these the ones you say make the car immovable like a brick? You must think I'm really slow but all this is very new to me and I want to be sure I understand.

Chuck N

NO.  There are three options;  BBs, LGB, and a bronze spring on the back of the wheel.  The BBs and the LGB have very little friction.  The metal strip pressing against the back of the wheel does.

I would recommend a power pick up axle on each truck, not just one.  That would be two pickups.

Chuck

trainstrainstrains

OK, Peace of mind at last. Since I've already bought the Bachman  Stock car with steel wheels,  I'll probably go for  the LGB's this time  , 2 sets for $13 and  free shipping , The BB's would be 15 each , thats $30 plus shipping. I'll sleep on it, Good night.

Chuck N