News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Loco Bill will be off line for a while

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, November 16, 2014, 09:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Dear Fellow Bachmanites,

I will be out of touch for a couple of weeks, and may not be able to respond to questions on posts I have made to the board.

Just wanted you to know what is going on with me, and don't want you to think I am being rude by not responding.

We will be returning to Colorado form Missouri and the trains are coming with. It is a big move for me and I have torn down both my large outdoor and my indoor railroad as well.
It is amazing what a large pile of trains I have been packing up to move.  67 years of collecting train stuff is a long time and I still have some of the trains from when I was a kid in 1947.

I do have a basement in our new home and I will build there first, but my son is pushing me to build outdoors again.  Maybe I will if I can get him to lay the track ;D :D ;D.  The hands and knees work has become somewhat difficult for me. My son has perfect track on his large outdoor layout and runs the full length California Zephyr on it with virtually zero derailments, so I have no problem with him doing the work.

Enough Blah Blah ::)

See you all soon.

Cheers & Beers,

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Good luck with the move, Bill!
We'll miss you!
the Bach-man

doug c

Bill,

All the best for/during, and beyond the big move !!

We'll be expecting ya back online in the new year ...presume .

nite,
doug c

p.s. i just recently experienced downsizing/move for a significant other,  so i know how stuff accumulates ... now I'm looking at my stuff too.  Thinking  now would be a good time to thin out the truly unnecessary instead of when the body is not so capable. 
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Good luck with the move Bill, hope everything arrives OK and you'll be back to running trains soon.

Bob D.

tac

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on November 16, 2014, 09:37:06 PM
Dear Fellow Bachmanites,

I will be out of touch for a couple of weeks, and may not be able to respond to questions on posts I have made to the board.

Just wanted you to know what is going on with me, and don't want you to think I am being rude by not responding.

We will be returning to Colorado form Missouri and the trains are coming with. It is a big move for me and I have torn down both my large outdoor and my indoor railroad as well.
It is amazing what a large pile of trains I have been packing up to move.  67 years of collecting train stuff is a long time and I still have some of the trains from when I was a kid in 1947.

I do have a basement in our new home and I will build there first, but my son is pushing me to build outdoors again.  Maybe I will if I can get him to lay the track ;D :D ;D.  The hands and knees work has become somewhat difficult for me. My son has perfect track on his large outdoor layout and runs the full length California Zephyr on it with virtually zero derailments, so I have no problem with him doing the work.

Enough Blah Blah ::)

See you all soon.

Cheers & Beers,

Loco Bill

Mazel Tov to you and Mrs Bill!

I know from many years in the miltary that moving around is as much a PITA as anything ever invented.

Take care, we me and ig and the boys look forward to reading you again soon.

Best

tac, ig, ken the GFT & The Canada Day Removal Truck Boys of Ol' Montréal.

Bucksco

Good luck with your move Bill. Let us know how things turn out!

Kevin Strong

Good luck! We'll see you once you get settled. Welcome to the neighborhood! (And I've got a spare wheelbarrow ready to go for when you start laying track in the back yard. ;) )

Later,

K

Chuck N

Bill

Have a safe move west. 

Perhaps our tracks will cross sometime when I'm in Denver visiting my son and his family.

Chuck

Wade Colyer

Good luck and have a safe move, Bill. With you, your son and maybe Kevin involved, we're expecting a fantastic layout. This would be a good time to model the D&RGW or maybe the Newport & Shermans Valley to interchange with the Path Valley or Tuscarora Railroad. I'll try to cover for you during your move.

Wade

PS: I thought when people got older they moved to where it was warm!!

Sleeping Bear

Good luck with the move Bill, safe travels and have fun building the new road

S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

fhenn

Good luck with the move stay safe, will miss your great advice

trainstrainstrains

Change is good, enjoy building all anew!

Old John

Have a safe move and great Holidays in your new home.  I know what it is like to move an outdoor railroad an being a lot older than you, I know what it is like to get down to lay track and not be able to get up!  Thats why mine is indoors.  I'll talk with you after the Holidays, God Bless to you and your family!

Joe Zullo

We'll miss you. Have a safe move, and hurry back on the forum!  ;)

NarrowMinded

Good Luck Bill,

Maybe it time for an elevated outdoor track, Ive seen some nice ones.

Best wishes on your move.

Nm-Jeff