News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New engines Please

Started by adari, October 19, 2007, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

Does any one want any new Locos from Bachmann ??? I want a C&O 2-6-6-6 Allegheany. I also want a 2-8-8-2 N&W. I like Engines from the B&O,C&O,N&W, and Pennsylvania.
Thanks

BaltoOhioRRfan

been done, both types by Rivarossi. Also Bachmann just released a B&O Engine, Shark Noses. (a 2-6-6-6 is about $350, I managed to get my three for $250-289)
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

lanny

Hi adari,

I think from reading many other threads on the Bachmann forum regarding suggestions for 'new steam' locomotives, it would be fair to say that a large number of modelers are looking for smaller, more mundane locomotives than the ones you mentioned (though they certainly are impressive motive power!).

It seems to me that there is a lot of interest in 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 4-6-2 (specially) and 2-8-2 (specially).

I know my friend Gene will probably 'scream' if he reads this ... but I suppose this is about the '450th' time I've mentioned how neat it would be to see a Spectrum Harriman 2-8-2  ;D

Now THAT would be exciting. The option for me is 'kit bashing' the Spectrum 2-8-0 into a 2-8-2 which I am in the process of trying to do (if you are interested in a photo of my start check out the 'kit bashed 0-6-0' thread.

Anyway ... personally, as impressive as 'big steam' is ... I think HO needs more emphasis on Harriman style 4-6-2s and 2-8-2s. (Just my personal opinion)

lanny
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

SteamGene

Rivarossi and its heirs has done the Allegheny (2-6-6-6) and there are several N&W 2-8-8-2s available. Why not ask for a C&O H-7, 2-8-8-2, all of which are currently in brass, but which served on at least three railroads?
But remember, most layouts can't really support big steam.  And what about Harrimans?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

Don't forget us electric modelers! The E60 release has given us hope that there might be more elctrics in the making. An E44 perhaps? Or maybe a Little Joe? For that matter, I'd like any electric, preferably as well done as the HHP-8.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

adari

One more thing. Does anyone Know of all the engines I mentionioned and all the others everyone else mentioned with sound, DCC, or sound and DCC. Oh also BaltoOhioRRfan. When you get your Allegheany can you tell me what radius it works best on.

adari

Did I mention a 4-4-4-4 T-1. I have always wanted a 4-4-4-4 T-1

BaltoOhioRRfan

I already have it, in fact I already have all three. Bought em at M B Kleins(Considently i work there!) i run em on 28 inch right now, (Bachmann EZ Track). They will take 18 inch, i know that for sure. I've heard they will take 15 inch also, but i havent tried it.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Woody Elmore

You can get a T-1 from Bowser. It waddles down the track like the real ones did; kind of like a crab.

Big articulated engines are certainly worth modeling but many people would like some more smaller engines. I have put in plugs for a Wabash Mogul (last steam engine on the Wabash - 1954) as wll as a Santa Fe 2-8-0. The Santa Fe engine from PFM was a big seller in brass and I think a Bachmann model would do well. If memory serves me, the Beano (that's B&O to the uninitiated) also had a nice consolidation.

I am a proponent of making models of everything, but the market for the big articulated may be small.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

The Blue Line from Broadway/Precision Craft offers the N&W 2-8-8-2 with sound,  no dcc,  and for $199 you can get the engine with no sound or dcc.  As far as I know,  if you want to spend the $$$$ you can still get the engine with sound and DCC.  They are also offering the Big Boy with sound and no dcc.
       I am one who also would love to see smaller engines.   I would love to see someone do the Pennsy B-6 switcher with the slopeback tender.   In a class where not to many U.S. roads participated,  I would love to see an N&W 4-8-0 with both the four and six wheel tenders offered.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

adari

I have a question. Do Blue Line locos acctually come with instructio/ns to open the engine up and put in a DCC decoder. It advertised that it is easy to open. I need alayout with DCC. Oh. I also like small engine I just dont have any big locos. ;)

ebtbob

Adari,

As far as I know,   you open the tender,  not the engine to put in the decoder.  How easy,   well,  the ones I opened,  the light mikes were just a matter of removing the coupler and lifting the shell off the frame.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Amtrak_Titan

I would like the Milwaukee Road A Class locomotive, ATSF Blue Goose, SP Cab Forward, Gs-2, and Gs-6.

SteamGene

BLI makes the Cab Forward.  The other two are totally road specific so I'm not sure that Bachmann would be that interested.   The Road Class A was a passenger loco and getting the correct cars for it might be a little difficult.  The Hiawatha that Walters is going to produce was never pulled by an "A."
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

adari

If anyone would give me an idea for diesel locos and electric locos for the Pennsylvania,B&O, C&O, and N&W threw the 1900's to 1970's. I dont only want big steam locos I want small simple engines.
Thank you everyone!