News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

In-ko-pah RR: My latest work

Started by Ray Dunakin, November 22, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I just finished making a 1/24th scale replica of my wife's 104-year-old grandmother, to ride in the back of my scratch-built rail bus:

After sculpting the figure, I decided to make a mold and cast it in resin so I could make duplicates to use elsewhere, or to replace this one if ever got damaged. I have the step-by-step on making the two-part mold and casting the figure on my website:

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/IRR_Figures.html

(This process can be used to mold anything, not just figures.)

Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

jonathan

Ray,

I am bowing in a westerly direction.  You are an artist worthy of admiration.  I read through your how-to on making the figure mold. I never realized all the work involved in the molding process.  Hope you get to make lots of grannies to make it all worth while.  ;D

Thanks-a-million for sharing your great work with us.  If I'm ever on the west coast, I'm sure I'll recognize you and your family on the streets, based only on the great replicas you've created.

As an aside:  I lost my grandfather last week, who was 103, a Battle of the Bulge vet and all around great person.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

Jonathan, I am very sorry for your loss.

Was he Airborne?  Armored Division?
Keep Calm and Carry On

plas man

excellent modelling , kind of 1/24th scale second commandment  ;D
nice tutorial .

Alan

Ray Dunakin

Thanks guys! Jonathan, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your grandfather.
Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin

Here's a little peek at what I've been working on lately... These are some interior details I made for a scratch-built radio repair shop on my In-ko-pah Railroad:

You can see the whole build in progress here: 

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/IRR_Mineral_Ridge_3.html

Kevin Strong

Next you're going to tell us the oscilloscope works, right? ;)

Way too cool--reminds me of my dad's workbench (though not quite as cluttered).

Later,

K