STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2019, 12:48:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Looking for Large scale (45mm) resource to install track hanging from ceiling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for Large scale (45mm) resource to install track hanging from ceiling  (Read 2239 times)
TrainRok

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »

My wife just gave me permission to install large scale track hanging from the ceiling around the first floor of our house. This would be several hundred feet of track and quite a bit of some kind of elevated or hanging track support. Can you recommend books or other resources that will help me figure out power requirements, tips and tricks, where to get custom track ceiling hangers, and so forth?
Chuck N

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »

There are ads for those systems in Garden Railways Mag.

Chuck
tac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »

My wife just gave me permission to install large scale track hanging from the ceiling around the first floor of our house. This would be several hundred feet of track and quite a bit of some kind of elevated or hanging track support. Can you recommend books or other resources that will help me figure out power requirements, tips and tricks, where to get custom track ceiling hangers, and so forth?

'Several hundred feet'?   Shocked

Be rich.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

NarrowMinded

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »

What area of world do you live in?
Allied model trains in Culver City CA. has a short display of hanging track fabricated from what looks like oak, if I recall correctly there was a sign advertising the maker of the modular track system.

You can see it here with street view, you can click the arrows and go inside the store and look around, they are doing this for most stores in major cities now.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Allied+Model+Trains,+4371+Sepulveda+Blvd,+Culver+City,+CA+90230/@34.003152,-118.407836,17.11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2ba16e3486565:0x16b1d9dbd0c74180?hl=en-US
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:08:44 AM by NarrowMinded » Logged
Seaboard Air Line Fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 05:32:34 PM »

Here's a link to a photo of the "hanging" ceiling layout Davis Hobby Supplies has here in Portsmouth VA:

http://www.davishobby.com/images/the_master_sm2.GIF

The photo doesn't show how it's attached to the ceiling and I've never looked  Roll Eyes, but from what can be seen in the photo it's just acrylic round stock and brass pipe fittings.

Bob D.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: