Looking for Large scale (45mm) resource to install track hanging from ceiling

Started by TrainRok, November 27, 2014, 01:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainRok

My wife just gave me permission to install large scale track hanging from the ceiling around the first floor of our house. This would be several hundred feet of track and quite a bit of some kind of elevated or hanging track support. Can you recommend books or other resources that will help me figure out power requirements, tips and tricks, where to get custom track ceiling hangers, and so forth?

Chuck N

tac

Quote from: TrainRok on November 27, 2014, 01:52:04 PM
My wife just gave me permission to install large scale track hanging from the ceiling around the first floor of our house. This would be several hundred feet of track and quite a bit of some kind of elevated or hanging track support. Can you recommend books or other resources that will help me figure out power requirements, tips and tricks, where to get custom track ceiling hangers, and so forth?

'Several hundred feet'?   :o

Be rich.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

NarrowMinded

What area of world do you live in?
Allied model trains in Culver City CA. has a short display of hanging track fabricated from what looks like oak, if I recall correctly there was a sign advertising the maker of the modular track system.

You can see it here with street view, you can click the arrows and go inside the store and look around, they are doing this for most stores in major cities now.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Allied+Model+Trains,+4371+Sepulveda+Blvd,+Culver+City,+CA+90230/@34.003152,-118.407836,17.11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2ba16e3486565:0x16b1d9dbd0c74180?hl=en-US

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Here's a link to a photo of the "hanging" ceiling layout Davis Hobby Supplies has here in Portsmouth VA:

http://www.davishobby.com/images/the_master_sm2.GIF

The photo doesn't show how it's attached to the ceiling and I've never looked  ::), but from what can be seen in the photo it's just acrylic round stock and brass pipe fittings.

Bob D.