Tulsa Area, Anyone who can convert DC engine to DCC

Started by ejseider, November 28, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejseider

Since ERail Hobbies closed down I don't have any contacts in the Tulsa, OK area for converting a Bachmann 0-6-0 engine to DCC & adding sound in the tender.  Can anybody recommend someone in the Tulsa, OK area who can do a good job for this?

Doneldon

ej-

Have you thought of learning to do this yourself?

-- D

ejseider

Yes I have, I've built electronic kits, and even gone in and modified PCs.  Can you suggest a good DYI reference book, CD, on-line video, etc.?  Also what controllers, sound boards, speakers, etc. would you recommend?

RAM

Go to the top the page and do a search.  I think I read something like that a week or so ago.  I guess the nearest hobby shop now is Ok. City

Trainman203

There are tons of techs around the country you can send your engines to.  I prefer techs to do the work.  You get it back from them running right and you have a couple of extra evenings for model railroading, not electrical geeking.

BigBoy4018

EJ-
even thought Erail is gone the club is still there. I invite you to come out and talk to some of the club members because I am sure one of them would be able to convert an engine for you if you supply the money, engine and decoder. I am saying this as one of the members who has the same problem as you and the club takes good care of me.

-William