News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC decoders for Bachmann Shay

Started by aussie30inch, October 21, 2007, 02:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie30inch

hello Everbody
In my roster of locomotives are two fine Shays that are in need of Dcc decoders.I dont want sound,just traction power and lighting, can anybody advise me the best way to go with this.Thanks

PS   Our prayers and thoughts are with you Shay man

Geoff

aussie30inch

amdaylight

I used an N scale (Idon't remember the number) Digatraxx decoder with the 8 pin plug on it and jsut plugged it in and it worked great.  ;D

Andre :)

jnichols

You can use virtually any HO or N scale decoder in these. Just make sure you get a decoder with an 8-pin NMRA plug on it and you will be good to go. As an FYI, I have been using a lot of ESU Lokpilot series motor decoders in these with great success. The adjustable motor voltage parameters and super high PWM make these a smooth a quiet operator in any of the Spectrum models.

Good luck!
Jeff - The Train Shoppe

shayman

;D ;D
Hi Shayman here. I would go with one of the Digitrax small n-scale chips. I have a couple that I use to run with till I put in sound. The one that I am using in my Climax is a DN121.

Happy railroading.
An update on me is that in a week and haft. I am to go back for more test before they will make up their mind how to go. Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I am feeling better than I can remeber in the last two years.
Shayman logging up Deek Creek some where.
Logging up Deep Creek

aussie30inch

hi everyone
Thanks for your help with the Dcc decoder issue.Its been a big help.
Happy Narrow gauging

Geoff

aussie30inch