News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Meeting the BachMann

Started by duker1, October 21, 2007, 09:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duker1

It was a great pleasure to finally meet the infamous BachMann. And I can assure everyone that he does not have red hair.
I was at IHobby Expo yesterday and had a very good time chatting with him. He was very pleasant and stayed quite busy.
Thanks for your time Mr B.

The Duke....

The Chaz Storm

I too have met the Bach-man in a Hobby show.  It was wonderful, to talk to him in real life.  He had a great sense of humor too, which of course I thought was really great.  ;)  The special moment that I have shared with the Bach-man at the hobby show was a moment I'll never forget, hopefully next year when the Hobby show at the Expo Center will be there again, I will get another chance to see him again. ;)

morrisf

"that he does not have red hair. "

I've never seen his hair.

Morris

the Bach-man

Dear Duke,
I enjoyed meeting you as well, and all the other posters. Morris, I used to have hair, and it wasn't red!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Guilford Guy

Quote from: the Bach-man on October 22, 2007, 09:24:58 PM
Dear Duke,
I enjoyed meeting you as well, and all the other posters. Morris, I used to have hair, and it wasn't red!
Have fun!
the Bach-man
All except one, *cough cough.*
Alex

Woody Elmore

When meeting the Bach-man does one walk backwards, as they do with Queen Elizabeth, or does a simple cow tow suffice?

Just having some fun. I met the Bachman once in Timonium and it is his great modeling work that make the prototypes for Bachmann production models.

Now that I've buttered him up I expect to see an EBT caboose in On30!

BaltoOhioRRfan

I've met Bach-Man twice. Heck i spent most of the last train show chatting with him about the BErkshires(Which look like they should be spectrum!) Peter Witts, and Shark noses. Hey bach-man that guy ever show you the D&H B unit yet? And how about the Shovel, figure that one out yet? haha cya next year Bach-Man.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

r.cprmier

Met Johann once at Springfield.  I was surprised that he was as quiet as he really is, but that is OK.  He looked a little disgusted when he saw the pics of my "brassified" 2-10-2.  Oh well; he is probably used to better.  He is a pretty nice guy, though; although he seemed a bit busy and preoccupied.  That show can do that to you.

Keep smilin' Johann...

Rich

Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

the Bach-man

Dear Rich,
No, I liked your 2-10-2. If I recall, I was fighting walking pneumonia the year I met you, which might account for my lack of volume and expression...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

r.cprmier

Johann;
Oh God; I'm sorry!  That'll do it to anyone!  I am very prone to pneumonia myself, and every time I get a cold, escalating to that levels is one of my fears.  Glad you liked the pics.  Wanna see the "ugly sisters"?  There are now two of them...Tsunami equipped and all...

BTW; there must have been one hell of a run on Tsunami decoders this year, because it took Tony's Trains about four or five weeks to fill my order.  No biggie, but I thought that was most remarkable.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Same thing happened to me with Tony and Tsunmami medium steam decoders. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Heh, notice how I hasn't said anything in response to me yet :P
Well I guess it is a good tactic to not be reminded of painful experiences.
Glad the pneumonia is gone!
Alex

the Bach-man

GG,
I thought that was what the cough cough was for. I always enjoyseeing you guys.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Beatle (TrainBrain)

I may have run into B-Man at the NMRA show in Philly; I just didn't know it :P.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Paul M.

I've also met the Bach-Man.
He said a lot about building the two layouts that were displayed by Bachmann

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific