Rio Grande Southern # 20 4-6-0 Annie request

Started by Ted Yarbrough, December 05, 2014, 07:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
The Colorado Railroad Museum is restoring RGS 4-6-0 to operating conditions. It would be great to have a FACTORY PAINTED #20 in the 'Annie' line. Using the bumble bee loco as a starting point (wood cab & fluted domes) and repaint black w/silver or graphite smokebox. This would be a good companion with the current RGS #25 produced by Bachmann. This would only require some repaint and should be a good seller with the real #20 coming back into service.
While I am at it, please bring out identical paint (lettering schemes) in the 'Annie' as in the C-19 Rio Grande. This would be a good match for the 1:20 scale locos (yes, I know the 'Annie' is 1:22).
  I hope to see these in 2015!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Ted Yarbrough

...Loco 168, a Rio Grande 4-6-0 narrow gauge locomotive, is being considered for restoration as well, so the above request should prove popular with large scale modelers.
how about it Mr. Bachmann?

the Bach-man

Hi, Ted!
I agree, and I'll pass that along.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
  Thank you! It has been the same Rio Grande Southern paint (loco #25) since Bachmann started the large scale line. There have NEVER been the Rio Grande paint schemes applied to the 4-6-0 (except the bumble-bee and wood burner). These would prove popular.
Happy Rails To you,
Ted