News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bulb change in G scale street car

Started by Clover, December 11, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clover

Hi

How can I change the bulb in a street car ?

Thanks Clover

Chuck N

Clover

You might get more help if you identified your street car.  Bachmann has made at least two very different ones.  One a modern car with four axles and an older two axle trolley.  Which one do you have?  I don't have either, so I'll be of no further useful assistance.

Chuck

PS it is better to give far more information when asking for help, rather than not enough.  There is a lot of help available here, but we need to know as much as possible to be able to help. We are not mind readers.

Clover

Hi to all

It's a two-axle street car, the bulb to change is in the front of the street car.

Thanks for help

Clover

Chuck N

Looking at a picture of the 2-axle trolley in the Bachmann catalog I can see a gold/brass colored ring around the headlight.  On other engines (LGB) with a similar looking lens holder,  the ring pops off to permit access to the bulb.  If it was my trolley I'd try to gently remove the ring with a small flat bladed screwdriver or an exacto knife.

On my Bachmann stream engines, the lens comes out of the lamp housing for access to the bulb.  It looks as if the ring is part of the lamp.  If that is the case you may need to use a pin or some other small device to pop out the lens.   But since the ring on the trolley is a different color, my guess is that the ring will just pop off.  Since I don't have the trolley, these are only suggestions about what might work.

Chuck