News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

fastening rails to tressle track .

Started by Jhanecker2, December 09, 2014, 10:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: WoundedBear on December 11, 2014, 10:35:34 PM
It may be nice looking....in the photos.

I prefer to invest a little time and effort and build mine from scratch with wood. I made an easy template for the bents that cuts assembly time by a lot. O gauge pine ties work nicely for HO bridge ties and I can spike right into them.

But then again, I tend to get obsessive.....like this support structure under this deck. Good thing I took a pic, because it will probably never see the light of day again. ;D

Sid

You are much more talented and have much more patience and have better eyesight than I do Sid.  :)

These days, sadly, I have to take the easier way out.  :(

Cheers

Roger T.

Jhanecker2

Thanks wounded Bear : 933-3147 was the correct part number , was going from memory .  Catalogs  and train books are either in the shop office or on the first floor  and the computer is on the second and I hate to constantly run up & down the stairs .  Nice looking workmanship .

uscgtanker

Normal bridges with wood cross members the rail is nailed right to the tie. On steel girders bridge ties are used and some times normal rail ties. For better help the inner guides don't usally go on bridges shorter then 20 feet. Being on a track crew I can look in my FRA book of codes for more info.