News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachman shay locos

Started by Ernie K, December 12, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie K

Hi all.
I am just getting back into model railroading after a 30 plus year absence.
Lots of new stuff for me to learn. First question is: Does Bachman still manufacture and sell Shay locomotives? If so, are any oil burners and which ones?
Thank you.
Ernie

WoundedBear

I'll go ahead and assume that you mean HO scale Shays....seeing as how you are posting in the HO section.

Yes....Bachmann did market a 3 truck Shay some time back. The ones with Sound On Board were exceptionally nice units. Unfortunately, they are out of production at this time. The last time I saw ones for sale was well over a year ago. They disappeared about the time the HO 4-6-0's ran out.

From past experience, to me, it seems Bachmann waits about 8 to 10 years between releases of models. The recent 2 truck Climax announcement is a good example. Been about 8 years or so since they were last on the market. The 3 truck Climax was a beaut as well, but not as cute an engine as the little 2 trucker.

But I digress...........bottom line....no....no HO Shays at this time. You might check Ebay for some sellers with old stock......you may just get lucky.

Sid