New HO layout for the local model train museum!

Started by wiley209, February 07, 2015, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiley209

Quote from: jbrock27 on June 05, 2015, 08:39:29 PM
**S Curve Alerts**

One in the direction the BNSF is heading, the other in the shot with the HoJos, on the track the B & M caboose is on-follow the track to across from where the Trolley is.

I didn't put those there; I'm trying to convince the others to remove the S-curves.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

wiley209

A few more updates...

A mountain we're going to put on the layout. We plan to put cloths and plaster over the newspaper, and take it from there.

We already did a little bit of the landscaping so far...

Life-Like Town Church I built for the layout.

wiley209

Here are some more updates...

We put in the makings of a rail yard, along with the second Bachmann crossing gate and a TYCO unloading boxcar! As you can see in the third pic, I eliminated that S-curve that was there.

TYCO Arlee Station building kit!

The station next to a crossing.

The Life-Like station is now being used for the trolley line.

Amtrak train at the Arlee station.

Overviews of the layout so far.

wiley209

The mountain is finished!

Some of the landscaping is already being done, too.

We even put some deer near the mountain!

We now have a 7-11 set up! It's the Life-Like version from the 1970s and 1980s (now sold as the Ace Supermarket.) We did this because there are quite a few 7-11s in my area.

TYCO log dumping bin.

More landscaping.

A photo of when I tested the log dump car. It works pretty well! We will soon wire it up in the group wiring style with other lights and accessories.

BNSF freight train on the layout, with both TYCO cars. I've already swapped out the horn-hooks with knuckle couplers. I'm going to get some more soon, so we can upgrade any rolling stock we plan to use a lot on the layout.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Trainman203

Is the layout supposed to be a depiction of any era or locale in particular?

wiley209

Quote from: Trainman203 on June 13, 2015, 07:09:01 PM
Is the layout supposed to be a depiction of any era or locale in particular?

Part of it is loosely based off the Brockton area, like the way we located the Howard Johnson's and the 7-11. We plan to get a CSX "Dark Future" GP40 (mainly because that's what the freight trains running through Brockton are pulled by), maybe even a Conrail locomotive of some sort. Though it'd be difficult or expensive, we'd also like to get an MBTA commuter train for the layout (Walthers has brought back their MBTA F40PH, but that's about it...)