News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#90054 from sam's club

Started by noviceho, December 15, 2014, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noviceho

the sound unit stopped working. everything is connected and a fresh battery, any ideas?

Chuck N

I don't know about that specific engine, but have you looked for a sound on/off switch? 

Chuck

noviceho

yes the on/off switch is in the cab and it is in the on position

Hunt

Some more usual suspects.

Check the polarity of the battery, the label is reversed on the battery compartment lid of some tenders.

There is a second on/off switch. The second is variable volume control located on the underside of the tender.

Turn both switches on/off several times in case of contact oxidation.

Check for broken wire at the plug.

Carefully plug and unplug several times to burnish the contacts.

Hunt

FYI -
The 90054 Holiday Special set sold by Sam's Club -- the included  locomotive is a Bachmann large scale (1:22.5) Big Haulers 4-6-0, Anniversary edition , chassis version 5.   

Loco Bill Canelos

Noviceho,

Hunt is correct, set 90054 from Sams Club has an Anniversary 4-6-0 which is is equipped for basic chuff sound.

The only thing I can add to Hunts help is that sometimes "fresh batteries" are not really fresh. Try another battery from a different package of if you have a multimeter check the one you are using.

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

noviceho

it does have sound, checked both switches and volume. I will try unplugging wire and plugging back in and I will try another battery

Hunt

The 4-6-0 in the #90054 set has the second version Bachmann simple sound system powered by battery triggered by cam  producing only the exhaust chuff effect.