News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc controleras a slave

Started by RAM, December 17, 2014, 11:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

In the past I have heard of using a starter set controller as a slave. At the time they were talking about an atlas unit.  Does anyone here know what they were talking about?

Doneldon

RAM-

You can use a conventional power pack as a throttle with the EZCommand. Connect your power pack to its power supply and then
connect the power pack to the EZC via the receptacle on the back of the EZC marked for a DC controller. This has been discussed
on this board from time to time (do a search) and I think it's in the EZC instructions.
                                                                                                                               -- D

jward

the digitrax zephyr and nce power cab can both be configured this way. I believe you program one of the op switches in your command station, to either master or slave. when set as slave, the command station acts like an additional controller and a booster. an example promoted by nce is that you use the power cab as a stand alone system on your home layout, then reprogram it as a slave to use on a model railroad club layout.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

Atlas partnered with Lenz in the early days of DCC to produce the Atlas Master DCC system. The now long ago discontinued Atlas DCC system , version 3.2 –

An Atlas Commander Master (DCC command station) unit could be reconfigured to operate just as a DCC throttle. As a throttle the unit was referred to as a Slave Commander.  The Slave Commander connected to the Atlas Commander Master by XpressNET cable.  The system required and had only had one Master Commander to send DCC power to the track.