Speed matching with E-Z Command decoders #44916 (CV-5 & CV-6)?

Started by JimJim, December 17, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimJim

Hello All,
I've installed E-Z Command Two Function decoders in my DC locomotives (#44916's) both hard wired and 8-pin compatible.
In the December 2014 (current) issue of the NMRA magazine there is an article about speed matching for consisting.
In the article they talk about V-Max (CV-5) and V-Mid (CV-6) and how some decoders do not support these functions because they are not required features in NMRA compliant decoders, and are optional.
Any suggestions on how to speed match with decoders that don't seem to support CV-5 or CV-6? (Other than using different decoders.)
They do support Acceleration Momentum (CV-3) and Deceleration Momentum (CV-4) along with Starting Voltage (CV-2).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
"Uhh...I didn't know it was 'impossible' I just made it work...sorry!"

Hunt

As you have discovered those Bachmann decoders do not contain the minimum features required to achieve meaningful speed matching.  Hopefully the locomotives running speed is close enough as is for consisting them. 

JimJim

Hello,

All the Bachmann locos are pretty well matched.

I have a couple of locos from other manufacturers that would benefit from having CV-5 & CV-6 to speed match. For those I guess I will have to install other decoders.

Any recommendations on inexpensive two function decoders that support these CV functions?

Thank you again.

JimJim

Hello Hunt,

I tried to PM you with my contact info but I got a message telling me- -User Hunt has blocked your personal message.

I would like to know your suggestions.

Thank you again.

JimJim