dynamis and 5amp power booster

Started by vicsrc, December 18, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicsrc

Will the 5amp booster and the dynamis controller work together and are there any drawbacks using them together?

ACY

They work well in conjunction with one another,  and provide sufficient power to run plenty of locomotives for a larger layout.

Hunt

Dynamis has two outputs to the track.  You will likely encounter problems if connecting the power booster to one and part of your layout to the other. (i.e. layout divided into two power districts) 

vicsrc

Will the instruction to connect the units be in the manuals of both units?
I have looked at youtube and there are no videos on using the pwr supply with the dynamis

ACY

Quote from: vicsrc on December 18, 2014, 08:21:11 PM
Will the instruction to connect the units be in the manuals of both units?
I have looked at youtube and there are no videos on using the pwr supply with the dynamis
There are no instructions on how to use them in conjunction as far as I know, I believe all you have to do is splice a standard Bachmann terminal wire to utilize the booster in conjunction with the dynamis for a total of 7.3 AMPS if I am not mistaken.

Hunt

Any compatible 5 amp DCC power booster connected to Dynamis results in a system total of 5 amps available out of the booster. Not 7.3 amps.

Let's see what the Bachmann folks have to say about the available documentation.

Hunt

The basic Dynamis system does not have a dedicated terminal for Service Mode programming track. If you add a power booster you will also need to add a manual electrical switch before the booster to connect Dynamis a separate track for programming.

vicsrc

Is it possible to to program all my engines with the dynamis alone then add the booster without having a dedicated program track?
Where is this information documented?
I hate to keep asking questions about simple things that should be in a manual
If it were documented I could make a educated decision about which product to use than going by possible misinformation

Doneldon