News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

walk around center

Started by adari, October 23, 2007, 07:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

Dear all
   I dont get the description of the walk around control. I dont get were it says "duplicates all loco addresses set on the EZ-Command control center.

sour rails

The walk-around-companion can be used in two ways.  It can be plugged directly to the E-Z Command, and used as a secondary controler. With the connector panel plugged into the E-Z Command, you can place connections all around your layout.  Then you can use the walk-around-companion from any one of the additional connections.

Now, to answer your question, the walk-around companion is plugged into the E-Z Command control center, whether direcly or via the connector panel.  Addresses 1-10 on the walk-around companion is the same addresses 1-10 on the E-Z Command control center.

The E-Z Command controls all power to the track.  The walk-around companion alows you to do all the regular functions without touching the E-Z Command.

Example:
     You are controling the E-Z Command, and a friend is controling the walk-around.  You can control locomotive address 1 while your friend controls the one on address 5.  Whatever changes your friend makes for speed on address 5 will automatically set on the E-Z Command, even though you are controling address 1.  If your friend decides to unplug and move to another connector panel, locomotive on address 5 will continue moving because the speed is set in the E-Z Command.  Your friend may decide to start operating locomotive 7.  Now you can take control of 5 if you so desire.

Basically it means addresses 1-10 will always be 1-10.  By having the walk-around does NOT add 10 additional addresses.

I hope I answered your question.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

adari

Is there a way to make it 20-30 locos.

Jim Banner

E-Z Command with a booster can be used to operate 20 to 30 locomotives 10 at a time.  If you have a layout that can run more than 10 locomotives at once you should be looking at a more advanced system, not at a basic starter set.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

SteamGene

Exactly. IIRC, EZ-Command actually operates only nine DCC locos and one DC .  If you have more than that you need a different system.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

sour rails

Yes you can run 10 locos, BUT you would need to have a regular Bachmann power pack properly connected.

sour rails

With the regular power pack, you can run 10 DCC locos and 1 non-DCC.