large scale or spectrum Heisler re-release

Started by yeorail, January 07, 2013, 12:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeorail

Can you give any information as to when the heisler will be reissue / revised - I need one, particulerly as my climax has expired with faulty contacts   

Ron Tremblay

I would love to see some new heislers. Regards,Ron

smcgill

Kevin Strong

Haven't a clue about the Heisler, though I agree it'd be nice to see it in production again, with upgraded trucks (not that there was anything wrong with the old ones, but hey--the ball bearings and metal gears are nice!)

But in terms of your Climax issues, here's a web site that may be of assistance.

http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips5/climax_tips.html#pickup

Later,

K

StanAmes

Kevin

Just a note that the site is an excellent comment on the 1st Climax release. The 2nd Climax release is a totally different mechanical and electronic design and is in line with the recent Spectrum improvements.

The Heisler had a lot of improvements over the 1st Climax release but would still need some additional improvements to bring it up to the quality of the recent Spectrum line.

Stan

yeorail

thanks guys - i already have the Climax page in the hands of my repairer whose working on it and fitting DCC but I've just found a dealer with a new heisler in stock!!! may purchaseit and fit DCC as per the same advice site great one everybody

yeorail

the T boiler Shay would be most welcome in g scale for us log line guys and keep it low cost too! No need for smoke ( It only burns out!) and very little purpose in the firebox glow & cab light either. The cheaper it is the more likely people will add one to their system. Another log truck would be ideal when you get round to it before we all fall off our perchesl.