News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need a G scale track

Started by Yogi22, December 19, 2014, 05:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi22

Hey all.

I have the Bachmann 125th valvoline edition set.  When can I get a oval track that should of came with it?  And do you have a ideal of what it should cost?

Thanks
Yogi

Chuck N

The answer to your question needs more information from you.

Most Bachmann starter sets come with 4' diameter tubular steel track.  That track is OK, like seasonal use under a Christmas tree.  It is a very tight curve and long time use will lead to excessive wear on the engine.  What do you want for your empire in the future; inside or out with
bigger and longer trains? 

The tubular track cannot be used outside, it will rust into a pile of red dust.  It is fine indoors, except for the tight radius.  If you are going to by track, think about your future plans.  There are several metals for rails that are available; aluminum, brass, nickel silver, and stainless steel.  They all have advantages and disadvantages,  it depends on your power goals.

Chuck

Hunt

If you are trying to put together the components of the original set --  the steel track that would have come with the set is no longer produced. The design of the steel track  has changed.

Current production
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=255_467_644

Some retailers discount Bachmann products so shop around.

Yogi22

Thank you Chuck,

Inside track is fine.  Your raised some good points, I am selling the train set and need to find a track before Christmas. I just dont know were to go to buy it.  The set is in the box but missing the track.  

After finding this site, makes wonder if i want to sell it.  How are the trains used outside?  I guess lay the track and then bring the train indoors it you are not using it?

Thank you for your time.
Yogi

Chuck N

If you are trying to sell the set, does it have a power supply?

Maybe you should sell it "as is", no track.

I don't know anywhere you could get the track by Christmas.

Yes, most of us run this sized train outdoors.  It takes a pretty big room to build a suitable layout indoors.

Here are some pictures of my layout.

These are permanent layouts outside.  The track stays out and the trains come in.

Chuck

Yogi22

Wow that is a great layout, thank you for sharing the pics.  Yes the power pack and all of the set is together, in the orginal box, just the oval track is missing.  I have a buyer, but I may be selling it low, only asking 79.00.

Yogi22

Chuck N

There is an individual who has a recent post on this site who is looking for that specific set.  I doubt that track is of any importance to her.

Here is a link to her thread.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,28795.0.html

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

Some sets have the track hidden under the packaging under the locomotive and cars. Be sure to check under there as well.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!