News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whistle/Horn and smoke

Started by Asches, December 24, 2014, 11:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asches

We just opened up and assembled our brand new Bachman E-Z Track Chattanooga Train purchased in a set at Ace Hardware. It is running great. ...

The first time or two around the track it tooted nicely. Since then it has not tooted at all. What made the horn sound in the first place and how do I make it do it again?

Also, we added the liquid smoke as directed into the locomotive, but no smoke is coming up. How do I make it smoke?

--JCAsches

ACY

The Chattanooga set has no sound; further steam engines are rarely equipped with a horn, most have only whistles and bells. I have no idea what caused the sounds you heard because it is not possible it was the locomotive since it doesn't have a sound decoder and speaker. Also the smoke will only work if you run the train at full speed with the knob turned all the way up otherwise it won't work. It is also detrimental to the track to use smoke since it covers the track in a film that attracts dirt which in turn affects the electrical conductivity which will make the train stop or run poorly. So in general unless you enjoy cleaning the track every 15 minutes, and running the locomotive at full speed (often times so fast it derails  or uncouples) then I advise on skipping the smoke.
If you want a locomotive with sound I suggest the Echo Valley train set.

Asches

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't know what we heard either, but it did sound like a train. Also, thanks for the "heads up" on the smoke. We got it to smoke this morning when running full speed, but knowing about the film it leaves on the track will save us trouble later.
--Asches