News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Paint Complaint

Started by JD417, December 06, 2014, 08:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD417

I've been upset about the poor quality of paint put onto certain products such as Thomas, James, Emily, (Not so much Emily as the others, but still...) and now currently Jeremy. I received him about a week ago, and he has done nothing but sit on my layout table, and have nothing touch him, and then I go to pick him up, and set him down on a truck, but then I noticed that his smile was scratched off. For paying such a premium price for a plastic (basically a scenery piece, considering the wheels are fake.), literally the price I paid for my Bachmann Thomas (a motorized engine) is downright ridiculous. If you're going to charge hefty prices, Bachmann, make them actually worth the price would you..? (This is directed at the entire range, not just Jeremy.) Thanks.

~An unhappy customer, Jesse.

Rickenbacker 325

This happened with my Duck. He was in the unopened package and the G in GWR was half scratched and to the left of his face there were chips in the paintwork by his cheekbones. Also with my James that I got about 6 months ago, the lining is coming off on the arches and his tender. Is it quality control or not having the right materials?

Blackfive1994

the lining on the original HO James is a particular problem. the next HO James you buy, remove and hold him on the areas away from the decals.

Blackfive1994

the Bachmann Arry I got had a wonky eye and to remove the face so I can turn the wonky eye upside down so that the eye pupils are in line, I had to be careful not to scrape the yellow lining.