still need help,,,trying to configure a branch or spur line to park an engine.

Started by caseyjones, December 31, 2014, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

One comment on the 205 Connector. The picture jbrock27 links to shows 'Common Rail' wiring, using a single wire, for turning power on/off to DC blocks.

The 205 Connector switches can also be used with two wires, requiring both rails be isolated, to turn power on/off to DCC Power Districts and blocks. Which simplifies troubleshooting when trying to find the pin dropped across the rails while working on scenary.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

It shows the 2 wire set up as well.  Granted the pics are not of it connected to track but the principle is the same.
Keep Calm and Carry On

caseyjones

Cool.  Thanks.  That picture is also on the back of the 205 connector package.  It takes me a while to digest the schematic drawings as I am not too accustomed to reading schematics which are detailed. 

jbrock27

Yes, the link is from what is posted on the back.  That was a large part of my purpose in posting it.  Hold onto the packaging so you have both it and the link for a guideline.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

You're quite welcome pal :)  Glad to be of help.

*I will add 2 suggestions based on the sets you bought: begin saving money for knuckle couplers that have a metal coil spring in them (not plastic like the ones in these sets) and begin saving for nickel silver track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

jbrock27

Well then, I have to say, I do not know what the subliminal message was.  Care to enlighten?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 04, 2015, 01:54:47 PM
Well then, I have to say, I do not know what the subliminal message was.  Care to enlighten?
Nope keeps you wondering and asking questions. I LOVE IT!