EZ Command Dynamis quit working after a couple of days

Started by BigJim, January 02, 2015, 09:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJim

I received the EZ Command Dynamis from Mrs. Claus for Christmas. It worked for a couple of days and then it quit working.

The Command Station green light flashes quickly. I've changed batteries on the handheld, my old DCC command works so I know I don't have a wring or track problem.  I did a factory reset on the handset. On the handset, the Infra-red signal shows no bars. I think I have a bad command station but I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or help?

I called Bachmann on Friday, Jan 2nd and they are closed for the holidays! Are you kidding me!!! It's January 2nd and they are closed for the holidays! Holy Cow!

jbrock27

I took off today, the 2nd of January.  Why is that so unbelievable?
Keep Calm and Carry On

AGSB

Some things to check
Are the batteries inserted correctly in the handset? Left and right sides are inserted opposite to each other. Check manual for correct orientation.
Are the wires from the green plug that goes into the command station connected securely?
How are you connecting to the track?
Are the hand set and command station on the same channel?

BigJim

AGSB

jbrock27

I think you are right on the $$ AGSB.  That's the problem these days, a lot of people don't want to take up their time to read, or research to try to solve their problems or questions for themselves. But they are more than glad to take up someone elses' (time). 
Even though I did not agree with his approach all the time, I can understand better why RichG used to often make snide remarks like: "my computer is just as powerful as yours" and "some people need to have their hand held".
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

I always found it fun to give than to receive whatever it may be... info,help,hard time and pain when needed.

BigJim

I did read the manual, thank you very much.

But the manual was weak, thanks Bachmann.

It was new so I had the manual. I said it was working for a couple of days and then it quit. I never changed the channels manually or physically so that shouldn't have been an issue.

Model railroading can be a challenge, people come to this forum for tips, advice and hints. I think some of you can be more tolerant, especially for people just starting, without new people coming in the hobby can die.

choochoomusic

The Dynamis System is wireless Infrared system. Florescent lights certainly interfere with the systems operation. We can't demonstrate this at all in our store.

jbrock27

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 06, 2015, 07:23:23 AM
I always found it fun to give...hard time and pain when needed.

This sounds ominous and threatening; I'm telling Bachmann :D  (Just kidding).

You make a good point BJ.  My apologies if I came across as discouraging.  Did you find how to check the channel as AGSB suggested when you read the manual? 
Keep Calm and Carry On