Modelling Thomas the Tank Engine Topic

Started by Michael, October 24, 2007, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

This topic is for chat about scratch building Thomas engines only.   ;)

Presently, I am working on a Whiff for 00 scale.  I got the wooden model and I have the chassis in progress.  Also I am working on a Hector with the wooden model as well.  I am using a body of a hopper wagon from Bachmann Branchline.  I am going soon to the shop to buy decals to make  H-E-C-T-O-R.   Billy for me will have to wait.  But I did a study and figured out what engines are possible to make. 

SilverSpencer

I have a list of models that i am working on at this present time, but mainly, one of them is completing Rosie the Purple Engine. Built using the modified moulding of an American 0-4-0 tank, i have managed to convert it to 0-6-0 with help from fellow modellers.

Images will arrive in good time, just need to make sure she runs okay.

alex wittman

for my internet series(coming soon) for season three, my fellow train club members have a marklin train set that their giving away so if i get that i will put a new motor which i have i will program it and test it on ho track and i gave him a name and it is mark the shunter engine. so i will send images of him when i get finished with and he will have to wait for season three of tbbt so tune in soon

Guilford Guy

Um...
Markling doesn't need a new motor. It runs on 3 rail. You need to rewire everything. You need to isolate each set of drivers. You need to rewire the drivers and add a set of brushes. Marklin makes Central European Locomotives and not English locomotives. It might be best to trade the trainset with someone who has marklin for some hornby  stuff.
I have a Hornby Pannier tank, some rolling stock, and some buildings+scenery and also model marklin.
Alex

Michael

Be mindful that Marklin models run on a 3rd rail.  ;)

Corrie Thompson