still need help,,,trying to configure a branch or spur line to park an engine.

Started by caseyjones, December 31, 2014, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyjones

You guys are all awesome.  So jbrock,,,i guessing I can change out the couplers my self?  Probable pretty straight forward.  The better quality track speaks for itself.  Thanks again.  Oh, and keep em coming,,,I don't mind.  Oh and...kidding!   :D

jbrock27

Yes CJ.  You will need to have a small phillips head screwdriver to remove the coupler box cover to take the old coupler out and replace with a new one.  A size that comes with those sets of 5 or 6 mirco screwdirvers that you will see in a plastic case are good, or screwdrivers that sometimes get supplied with micro or mini sized battery powered helicopters.
When screwing the screw back down, be careful not to overtighten bc this will restict the coupler from moving back and forth in the coupler box.  I like to tighten, then make 1/4 or 1/2 turn back (losening it) so the cover is on good but not too tight.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Mdaskalos

Quote from: caseyjones on January 01, 2015, 11:42:05 PM
I am humbled by all you who have invested your time and energy in helping me figure out my train parking problem.  

Well, when someone named Casey Jones comes along and says they have a siding/train parking problem to solve, you can bet it pays to fix it beforehand...  ;D

mdaskalos