EZ Command - Walk Around Unit

Started by choochoomusic, January 06, 2015, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choochoomusic

Dear Friends,
I was informed by Bachmann, that the 44907 Walk Around Companion unit has been discontinued and pulled from the EZ Command Line of controllers. It was said that the sales numbers were down from expectations and can't support their QTY minimum reorder. There will be no upgrade or replacements.

I understand business well, as I've been established and selling for 40 years in this trade. OK! So the numbers are down and the minimum reorder does not justify. So what! The Walk Around is the only Add-On system they have to expand the EZ Command. Without it, You might as throw the EZ Command Controller Out the Window too. Now, we dealers must revert to other companies that totally support all the options for a DCC system. Not a problem...but really!

Bachmann, You should be proud of the fact you have a most easiest entrance DCC system that is fool proof to the beginners and to family modelers. Even the train Club I founder and belong too. Please go back to the thinking room and consider all of us, not just numbers.
Listen...I'm not bashing Bachmann, anyone person or one anything.

Sorry Bachmann but the Dynamis System must be carefully re-written in a complete and thorough booklet that make the mapping of the system much more understanding and considerably logical. I hope Bachmann does not revert to their Dynamis DCC system as their only DCC System ultimately . Please!... if anyone responds, let's find a resolve and push to re-instate the 44907 Walk Around Companion.
Thank You!

plint

I know this is an old post but it still is troubling knowing I got into HO with the Bachmann EZ system and was counting on this Walk-around controller.   Now what? 
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

plint

Is the Dynamis system separate from EZ Command?   Is it a whole different system?  Sounds like The EZ system would be useless with Dynamis.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

ACY

The EZ-Command Walk-Around Companion can be found on clearance still if you check around. The Dynamis controller cannot be used simultaneously with the EZ-Command system.

The EZ-Command and similar systems are now somewhat antiquated, and that is why you are seeing them being phased out gradually. Five years from now the same could happen to the Dynamis, but that is how it goes with the advancements in technology in this industry.

Bucksco

EZ Command is NOT being phased out. It is still the easiest system on the market to get started with. If an item such as the walk around companion is sluggish in sales we will give it a rest for a bit until demand creeps back up.

ACY

Quote from: Yardmaster on June 06, 2015, 03:52:51 PM
It is still the easiest system on the market to get started with.
I agree with this statement 100%, it definitely is superior in that category; it is still a great choice for someone getting started in DCC.
Quote from: Yardmaster on June 06, 2015, 03:52:51 PM
EZ Command is NOT being phased out.
I apologize for my mistake, at most shops (including Hobbytown USA and other local shops) I have visited I had gotten that impression since it had not been restocked in a long time and they had no idea if they would be getting more in stock and I had seen other related accessories on clearance.

NarrowMinded

I have a Ez command and companion as well as a dynamis, I use the EZ command and only pull out the dynamis to program the locomotives.

the ez command makes it so simple to run locos.

I like all of the equipment

NM-Jeff

Joe323

I would think that you could find it on eBay,

austrian

I ordered mine form this shop, still in stock:
http://www.ehattons.com/16806/Bachmann_Branchline_36_510_EZ_Command_Companion_for_using_with_a_36_500_to_control_an_additional_loco/StockDetail.aspx?SID=16806

I use a Digitrax Zephyr to programm the locos but prefer the EZ command controller and companion to run the trains, easy to use and nice to hold.

Ckrails

If you are interested, it is available again in the Bachmann Webstore.  You need to purchase the connector panel separately.