News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Prototype for the C&NW 4-6-0?

Started by Searsport, January 06, 2015, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrical whiz kid

Len;
I was thinking along the lines of a "Patco" lowering system I had heard Malcolm Furlow mention.  In my collection, I have three "Roundhouse" HOn3 2-8-0s.  I have thought about taking the boiler from one and switching it with the Bachmann, keeping the "lower block".  Your thoughts?
Trainman; you have been around awhile, haven't you?  I got into this around '66, when I went to SEA, my first TDY there.  Married at the time disqualified me for about 50% of the "activity", so I turned to this hobby.  Better than "bug-catching".

Rich C.

Trainman203

Since 1954, sarge, but for real in April 1961 when my dad brought home a copy of Railroad  Model Craftsman.  The hook sank deep and has never come out, despite 40. Years being away for 101 reasons.

Len

Rich - I'm not familiar with the "Patco" system, and as I mentioned I don't really get into lowering locos, so I don't really have any thoughts on it.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

This is the engine the guy in 1963 wrote an article in MR about modifying to a c&nw engine.  He admitted it was not exact but suited him fine on his way freights (didn't the c&nw call them "patrols"?).  That, to me, is Fine Model Railroad Thinking.

http://www.bowser-trains.com/docs/instructions/Casey.pdf