News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More Turntable Electrical Woes

Started by titan106, January 08, 2015, 04:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titan106

Hello all. I bought the HO Turntable a year or so ago, added a decoder and it worked fine. I'm finally mounting it in the layout so I removed the bridge to clean/lube/paint it and also add a second set of rails for dual gauge use. When finished I put is all back together and now the problems start. The DCC works fine and turns when I want it to, but now I do not have electrical connection on one of the bridge rails (the existing ones, not a new one). I have contact from the rail on the bridge to the contacts at the bottom and from the rail to the bottom of the pit but when together it doesn't work.

I'm guessing it is something with the contacts from the bridge to the pit but I can't figure it out. It seems like both contacts are on the same side of the metal "wheel" at the bottom but I don't know how to split better. I hope I'm making sense. I can't do much else until this is resolved. Your expertise is appreciated.
                Mel

electrical whiz kid

Mel;
If you do not have a VOM (multi-meter) now would be the time to get one-and learn how to properly use it.
SGT C.