News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Chuggington DCC

Started by baldwinloco, September 09, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldwinloco

I've seen a report that a Chuggington HO locomotive was DCC REady. True generally?

Jeff Cornelius

Bucksco

A decoder could be wired in but the product is not DCC "plug and play"....

richg

"Plug and Play" means the motor is isolated from the frame. Many assume DCC Ready means just plug in and go. No so for some locos.
As was said, not plug and play.you have to hardwire the decoder.
Search the Bachmann forums. A couple here have done a couple locos from the Thomas series.
All you have to so is follow the NMRA wiring code for DCC. Bachmann does not use the NMRA colours in their locos.

There might be some capacitors somewhere in the loco. Clip them but leave the two items that look like green resistors. I saw this with the Gordon, Henry, Thomas, Toby DCC install.

Rich

baldwinloco

I got a "Wilson" engine this week with an 8-pin jumper plug in the front, like the best DCC-ready engines. The one I had came without a box, probably from a broken-up set. The fellow who posted in 2013 had engines in the usual clamshell package. Is this a stray prototype or are these engines being made this way?

Len

It wasn't marked on the package, but the "Brewster" I got for my grandkids for Christmas was DCC Ready, with an 8-pin socket already in place.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Len

I checked the on-line exploded diagrams on the "Reference" page, and Brewster, Koko, and Wilson are all DCC Ready, with an 8-pin dummy plug installed out of the package. It looks like the all use the same chassis.

This is the light board and dummy plug common to all three on the parts page:

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.