News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E Z street

Started by Coachsj, January 10, 2015, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachsj

Can easy street be used for a bump and go trolley? Do they make bumpers that could be placed for a straight run? 

Len

The trolley will run on EZ-Streets just fine. For bumpers, you could make your own, check e-bay for original Super-Streets bumpers, or modify train bumpers, such as the Bachmann 00208, to work on EZ-Streets. You'd probably have to glue or screw the train bumper down at the end of the run.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Coachsj

Thank you Len-I appreciate the info.

phillyreading

Len,

I have not seen any Super Streets bumpers, and I was into the Super Streets when they first came out. Maybe I overlooked them at the time but no internet vendor that I have checked out has any for sale, not even Western Depot.

I would say to make your own bumpers for a bump and go trolley. Be sure to secure them with screws to the layout table.

Lee F.

Coachsj

Are super streets and EZ streets compatable?

Len

Yes. Super-Streets are a slightly different grey, but otherwise compatible with EZ-Streets.

I forgot, they didn't call them "bumpers" for Super-Streets, they were "barricades".

The original K-Line part number was 22379, the 'K-Line by Lionel' part number was 6-22379. They come in a pack of two and just plug onto the end of a Super-Street or EZ-Street track section.

You'll probably have to hunt on-line to find them.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

phillyreading

Len,

Thanks for the info on Super Streets.
Some info on WBB E Z Streets set(the new Turnpike with E Z Street car), the track is very close to the same color of Super Streets. It is possible the color difference is in the separate sale E Z Street sections.
The part number on the K-Line item is 6-21287 Y Roadway. Almost the same shade of gray as the E Z Street track.

Other side note about the new E Z Street set; the color of the Turnpike building is blue as compared to a year or two older Turnpike building being green. I am talking about the color of the toll booths being different.

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:
My only advice about using the super streets barricades for trolley bumpers, is that they would need to be strengthened, and braced to take the force of the bumpers on the trolley. The barricades are thin, and not made to take the force of a trolley, even at slower speeds. I have the barricades, and when I tried to use them as bumpers, they broke very easily. I had to superglue them together again, and did not use them for trolley operation.

What I would recommend, is to use transition tracks to go from the street track to O gauge track, where an O gauge bumper can be installed.
-JP
Sincerely: JP