how to use dcc for point-to-point &/or station stops?

Started by riny, January 11, 2015, 03:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riny

Does anyone know if or how the E-Z command unit, or any dcc control unit, can be used to implement either a point-to-point system, or a complete loop with station stops. (I do not mean reverse loops - which can be done with dcc.) I know how to do it with dc, but not dcc. Also, I know it can be done with a dcc engine powered by a dc box. Unlike the E-Z command control unit, a dc power box doesn't mind any control units between itself & the tracks. (Most dc point-to-point & station stop systems connect this way.)

Hunt

Len

There is also software available from JMRI that lets you automate DCC train operation.

Info at: http://jmri.sourceforge.net/help/en/package/jmri/jmrit/logix/WarrantTable.shtml

It gives more control that the device Hunt references, but it does require a computer and interface connection to your DCC system.

For simple point-to-point operation, the hardware solution is probably a better way to go.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Nathan

NCE has what they call the Mini Panel that will do what you want with any of the NCE systems.   You will need some block detectors which they also sell.

If you wish to do it with a computer they also have a USB interface.

Nathan

NarrowMinded

decoders.cal be programmed to stop if they encounter "DC" voltage, so for a station stop you can creat a section of trace that switches to dc after the loco enters it. The great thing about that is what ever deceleration setting you have on the decoder is still active, so the loco will decelerate for a realistic effect.

NM-Jeff