News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pulling Power for Diesel engines

Started by plint, January 10, 2015, 02:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

I got a Bachmann CN RS3 and a NYC GP7 both withh DCC and I'm wondering how many cars they can pull on a level surface.   I'm pulling about 10 each now and was just curious what they are rated at.  tnx
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

ALCO0001

They can pull quite a bit more than 20 together depending also on how tight your curves are ,since this creates more resistance the tighter the curves are .Bachmann Diesels like your gp7 have good weight and a nice gear ratio that can match up or exceed other makers of the same model easily.I have both models and found when the black coating on the wheels wears off and you clean the wheels and rails of any oily substance they run and pull better.Hope this helps!
Jack

ACY

The GP7s and GP9's pull better than the RS3s in my esperience. The RS3 couldn't pull much down at my local club.

trainmainbrian

Quote from: plint on January 10, 2015, 02:27:59 PM
I got a Bachmann CN RS3 and a NYC GP7 both withh DCC and I'm wondering how many cars they can pull on a level surface.   I'm pulling about 10 each now and was just curious what they are rated at.  tnx

You should be able to pull 25-30 cars NO PROBLEM with those 2 Locos on the level.....
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...