Area between siding and main line

Started by ClinchfieldRR, January 13, 2015, 09:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClinchfieldRR

I am building my first actual layout. It is only 4x8 and loosely based on the Madison Central which is the layout built on the worlds greatest hobby video set. On one end of the table is a curved siding. I have the area between the siding and main line but am drawing a blank on what to do with it. I thought about a small hill, a gravel area for something such as a track maintenace lot, or even a small industry. If anyone has any pictures of some areas like this I may be able to get some inspiration. I will try and snap some pictures of this and what I have done on the rest of the layout this evening when I get off work. Thanks for the help.

Len

I believe the original used a low hill in that area to break up the 'table top' effect. Aside from a scrap yard, a small curved passenger platform, or some such, there's not much else that will fit.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ClinchfieldRR

Yes I believe it does have a small hill in the videos. I'll probably go that route as I have already added some hills that aren't on the original plans. Thanks