News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C-19

Started by bob kaplan, January 16, 2015, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Seems like we are always "dumping" on Bachmann for things done wrong when an engine or car is released.   So....i would just like to take a moment and congratulate Bachmann for the super C-19.  i have had mine since they were first released.  Slow speed performance is great (i run off track....DC in my basement), it looks pretty good going around my small 8ft diameter curves. and the electronics worked as the should, allowing me to easily install a sound system....and it is very quiet.

Hope that we do see another small engine in the future with these same attributes.   I do miss the busy valve gear action that we see on the Connie or the K-27 and hope that the future release does have that feature.  Of course the C-19 prototypes did not have this.

Well done Bachmann....more please.

Loco Bill Canelos

Bob,

I couldn't agree more!!!  What a great locomotive.  Perfect in every way.   If you can afford only one 1:20.3 locomotive this is the one to buy.  Converted mine to battery power, using the Crest Revolution and Phoenix sound.  Wow, what a great way to go.  Easily set up for battery power and sound, Loco is designed to make it easy, plenty of room for batteries in the tender.  Runs perfect and looks great!!!!  Wow!!

Thanks Bachmann, This has to be one of the best, if not the best you have ever done

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

I would agree, but--please--don't let that stop you from working to impress us even more on your next model! ;D

Later,

K

Ted Yarbrough

I agree! Love the Rio Grande, so please bring us more like this one!

Chastity

Something like a C-18 (Class 72) is about C-19 and was a design that seemed to appear on other narrow gauge roads.  Of course it also has Stephenson gear.

While not Rio Grande, a light to medium inside frame Mike would be interesting.

For a small locomotive with Walschaerts valve gear SP ten wheeler 18.  To make it more generic could put a rectangular tender with it rather than the rather unique whaleback.

I always thought RGS #74 was a neat thing.  Fairly hefty for a Connie she had a big boiler and this resulted in Brooks canting the cylinders and putting Walschaerts valve gear on her.  She was listed at a good 21K tractive effort. While somewhat unique she worked three Colorado Roads - C&NW, C&S and of course finished her time on the RGS.  She still exists as well.  Boiler was found to be good but her frame was too cracked probably from bucking snow on the C&S and of course the RGS had no money to make a big overhaul so she has just been cosmetically restored.  She would fit in well with the previously released K-27.