News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

train want run

Started by hightwayman, January 24, 2015, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hightwayman

My Bachmann dcc fa7 want run I did ever thing but the sound work but it want move

jbrock27

Do you mean "won't" instead of want ?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Danboone

You might try reprogramming it.  If that doesn't work, you should have some warranty coverage. 

If you send it in to Bachmann, make sure you get signature confirmation on the package because their shipping/receiving department "lost" two of my locomotives.  Be prepared if this happens to be treated rudely by the employees at Bachmann.  I had to get the post office involved and they still continued to lie and deny until I escalated the issue up to their higher office. 

If they find they cannot restore your loco they will offer you a replacement which they did with two of mine.  Both of them were "refurbished"; one of them lasted for about an hour before it died and I sent it back (at my expense) and they "fixed" it and it lasted another hour before it did the same thing. 

Don't get me wrong, not all Bachmann products are garbage; their rolling stock is beautiful but their locos leave MUCH to be desired as they are extremely unreliable. 

Some have had good luck with their service department but I suspect some of those "success stories" are just employees of Bachmann who have been paid to post favorable comments about Bachmann here on Bachmann's website. 

NarrowMinded

I geuss Im lucky, I own a lot of bachmann locomotives, a few to several in every scale, many of them are over 20 years old,  the newest a little over a year.

Some run for hours and hours and hours unattended some are played with roughly by my Daughters and other family members, they all still run just fine, even the locos from sets that are the lowest quality they produce run and run and run.

I do maintenance on them when they are pulled out and again before they go back in the box, oil,clean,oil,wipe, back in box.

Just my experienc...

Nm-Jeff