News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman switches

Started by Lesgrant, January 20, 2015, 10:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesgrant

Any suggestions on hiding the switch wires on the layout. With those connectors it presents a real problem.

jward

you could drill a series of holes through the baseboard in a straight line, then drill them out to make a slot big enough to feed the connector through. or you could use a jigsaw to do the same thing.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

I drill one hole, cut the wires about in the middle, and run the end from the switch under the table. A bit of shrubbery hides the hole.

Then I strip the ends end put them under the screws on one side of a 4-position terminal block attached to the bottom of the table. I use 20 gauge, 3-conductor, stranded thermostat wire to extend the wires to another 4-position terminal block near the control panel. The cut off end of the switch control wire gets dropped through another hole, and attached to the block, and plugged into the controller if you use it. I don't, and use another piece of the thermostat wire to extend to Momentary contact, center off, SPDT toggle switches.

The thermostat wire is color coded, making it easy to assign a color to the common, through, and diverging positions.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.