New DCC system using remote turnouts

Started by AWM, January 20, 2015, 11:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWM

I am new to this hobby and had a beginner set to which I purchased an extender but never used. I recently converted the initial oval to DCC. What do I need to do to add the extender set which can connect to the original with a remote left and right turnout? This is all ez trac.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

jward

you do not need to power your switches off dcc. using a cheap power supply of about 12v ac or dc is a cost effective way to wire them. you can often pick up a cheap train set power pack at a train show or flea market which would be adequate for your needs.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

AWM

Thank you,

I have the PS that came with the original set. I will use the ac output that is intended for accessories.

Is there any modifications I should do to the turnouts, or crossover, if I go that way, or should they work out-of-the-box?

Thanks,

jward

they should work out of the box but there may need to be some minor tweaking  like filing a sharper end on the switchpoints. but that is another topic. set them up, try them out and see if you have any problems before attempting any modifications.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA