Don 't forget the 2-Railers...

Started by Tomcat, October 26, 2007, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Great News Bachmann!

But please don´t forget about the 2-Railers in O-Scale out there. Over here in Europe, its almost 2-Rail and I have understood that there are lots of Model Railroaders already having switched over to 2-Rail.

Well, Williams did precious 2-Rail versions and I desparately hope that we´ll see some more by Bachmann the coming years. Especially the 2-Rail Market lacks some affordable 2-Rail Steamers and others (Atlas, Weaver) just gets started with that. Weaver has just one after discontinuing their  Light Pacific, Atlas comes out right now with a USRA type.

Please take your chance, Bachmann. You won´t regret it.

Kind regards, Tom

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Tomcat on October 26, 2007, 01:36:59 AM
Great News Bachmann!

But please don´t forget about the 2-Railers in O-Scale out there. Over here in Europe, its almost 2-Rail and I have understood that there are lots of Model Railroaders already having switched over to 2-Rail.

Well, Williams did precious 2-Rail versions and I desparately hope that we´ll see some more by Bachmann the coming years. Especially the 2-Rail Market lacks some affordable 2-Rail Steamers and others (Atlas, Weaver) just gets started with that. Weaver has just one after discontinuing their  Light Pacific, Atlas comes out right now with a USRA type.

Please take your chance, Bachmann. You won´t regret it.

Kind regards, Tom

^ ditto ^
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex

ebtnut

Now, maybe, we can think about getting some accurate 1:48 vehicles to go with the trains?  Please??

Jim Goodridge

I'd love to be able to put some O standard gauge with my On30.
Regards
Jim

Tomcat

Jim, that´s what I already did - putting O and On30 together, but still miss dual gauge as a possibility to go somehow D&RGW,...

But 2-Rail O-Scale from Bachmann would be pretty cool. Hope, they won´t miss that chance. Keeping it halfway-affordable would be another task.
We all know what kind of magic Bachmann is able to do, so let´s hope we see some more precious things in the near future...

Kind regards, Tom

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I second the plea for 1/48 vehicles.   1/43 is just too big when you see them next to 1/48 scale vehicles.   The 1/43 look great with the three rail equipment though.
      There is one source to consider.   Athearn.   Right now they are doing a number of vehicles in 1/50 scale,  which look much better with the 1/48 scale trains than the 1/43.    They have announced that they are running the Ford A line of vehicles that they run now in HO scale and they are do out in the Nov/Dec time line.   There will be a roadster,  sedan,  and pickup.  They will be cast metal with rubber tires.   I have several of these in HO scale and they are really well done.
        So let's go Bachmann,  jump into the fray because right now there is not a lot of competition out there but the need is great.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Frisco

I think that would be great I am doing 0N30 and would like some standard gage to that looked relistic . ;D

ebtnut

I would point out that there are other O scale suppliers out there, like Weaver and Atlas.  If and when Bachmann/Williams does do some 2-rail scale, it will just add variety to the mix.  I would point out that the big problem with O standard gauge and either On30 or On3 is the gross difference in the wheel and flange standards.  You really can't get a dependable dual gauge switch becuase of this difference.  The real way around is to go to the Proto:48 wheels for the standard gauge.  However, while this isn't too hard for rolling stock, it is a major undertaking for motive power, especially steam.  Then there is the matter of traditonal O scale track being 5 foot gauge.  Most Proto:48 modelers go all the way and use accurate 56 1/2" gauge.  That means of course, that all equipment must be built or converted to the new standards.  All depends on your comfort level with compromises.

ryeguyisme

i especially would like to see O 2-rail equipment me being a multiscaler i have too few of this equipment as well as track :|

hopefully u'll come out with ez track for O 2 rail and maybe dual gauge :D

glennk28

Yes--keep us 2-rail O Scalers in mind with design of equipmentr so that at least we can convert it easily.  You seem to have a precedent with the On30 line providing for conversion to the Kadee 803 coupler--do the same for the 804/805 Kadee in standard gauge--and if possible do some of the locomotives--even if it has to be on pre-order basis.  Example--I have Weaver 2-rail versions of the GG-1 and Little Joe. 

Len

These all sound like great ideas, but...they are all things that will add to the cost of these locos if implemented.

And one of the things that made Williams attractive to many people, including myself, was the fact you got a great running basic locomotive for much less than "the other guys" that often included things you may not have needed just to get the loco you wanted.

Please don't drive off the primary customer base for Williams equipment by turning it into clones of everyone elses stuff.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

sour rails

Hy all, I prefer HO scale.  But as for 2-rail O scale trains, I think Bachmann would do it.  After all, all the other Bachmann scales are.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

BIG BEAR

The minute I heard Bachmann purchased Williams, I said they now have the perfect opportunity to make EZ Track in O guage 2 Rail.  I know Bachman can make Snap track look more realistic than Lionel does.
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: BIG BEAR on January 15, 2008, 11:33:06 AM
  The minute I heard Bachmann purchased Williams, I said they now have the perfect opportunity to make EZ Track in O guage 2 Rail.  I know Bachman can make Snap track look more realistic than Lionel does.

I second that notion! :D

Frisco

I think that Bachmann could do 2 rail and keep it affordable. As I said earlyer I would like 2 rail but I don't need it to be perfectly in scale so at least for me Bachmann just putting the current shells on a two rail bottom would be great.