News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Problem with Spectrum N scale Locomotive

Started by brokenpole, January 23, 2015, 09:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenpole

I got a Bachmann Spectrum N scale EM-1 2-6-6-4 locomotive for Christmas. Before I could even get a chance to program it the family cats decided to have some fun with it. I tried to get it working myself and got it to program (according to my Digitrax Zephyr) but could not get it to run.

I sent it back to Bachmann and paid for the repair and put it back on the programming track and got it to accept the address (again according to my DCC system). I put it back on the main line set the address and tried to get the loco to move with no success. I cannot get the lights to work...nothing.

I have three other DCC locomotives one of which is a spectrum product. They all run on the main line just fine.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ken G Price

Quote from: brokenpole on January 23, 2015, 09:06:19 PM
I got a Bachmann Spectrum N scale EM-1 2-6-6-4 locomotive for Christmas. Before I could even get a chance to program it the family cats decided to have some fun with it. I tried to get it working myself and got it to program (according to my Digitrax Zephyr) but could not get it to run.

I sent it back to Bachmann and paid for the repair and put it back on the programming track and got it to accept the address (again according to my DCC system). I put it back on the main line set the address and tried to get the loco to move with no success. I cannot get the lights to work...nothing.

I have three other DCC locomotives one of which is a spectrum product. They all run on the main line just fine.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

First off, I have a Digitrax system.
Did it work correctly on the programing track? Not just show that it took the changes, but operated correctly. A program track has to be long enough to run the loco on.
If not, then it will not do well on the main.

Do any of the other engines work after re-setting the CV's to factory on the program track? If you can reset them to work then I would think that it still has to be the decoder.

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

gatrhumpy

If the track is clean, then maybe the wheels are dirty on the steam locomotive. If it still won't move, then I would send it back to Bachmann.