News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

windows in engine

Started by ebblake, January 24, 2015, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebblake

My engine windows keep popping out. Any idea how to glue them back?

Len

Either Testor's clear canopy cement, or Aleen's Clear Tacky Glue. Neither one will cause clear plastic to fog up or craze.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ebblake

Len, thanks for your reply. I did not fully explain my situation in my first post...getting upset so I just blurted out without going into detail. I have modeling glue, my problem is getting to the windows.

Len

Which loco are you dealing with?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

dasBM2-6-0

Quote from: ebblake on January 24, 2015, 08:14:14 PM
Len, thanks for your reply. I did not fully explain my situation in my first post...getting upset so I just blurted out without going into detail. I have modeling glue, my problem is getting to the windows.
Had this issue with my brand-new B&M RS3 loco....the left window panel popped out!!
I managed to get the window out of the cab.....then used Aleen's Tacky Glue -- along with micro-tweezers and a "needle-point" X-Acto blade-- to re-seat the window....
Took about 15 minutes.....and a fair bit of "colorful" language.....to get it right!!:)

May your freight ALWAYS roll smoothly...and ON TIME!!

Piyer

At the risk of stating the obvious... you get to the windows by removing the shell. Diesels are easier in that than steam, but 99% of model locomotives can be (relatively) easily disassembled for repairs and maintenance to the shell and mechanism. 
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

jbrock27

Along the lines of Tacky glue, white glue like Elmer's, should also work.

PS-Bad form ezbake to post the same subject/problem in more than 1 locale.  One is enough.  Good luck with your repairs!
Keep Calm and Carry On