News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis problems

Started by vicsrc, January 25, 2015, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicsrc

I have a brand new dynamis unit and started using it to address my engines about 2 days ago
I finally mastered the art of programing and on the third engine I turned the handset off and back on and the screen is frozen on the overview screen and the command station is blinking the lefthand green led.
i unplugged the power line and the track line, changed the batteries and there is no change.
what happened? is this a know problem or is the unit dead? less than 3 hours on the unit while figuring out how to program.   

Hunt

When powering up the Dynamis system always turn on the command station first and then turn on the handset. Now press the Emergency Stop button so the system will synchronize.  Until you press the Emergency stop button the handset and the command station will not communicate with each other.

vicsrc

still no luck handset screen is still frozen is there a way to reset handset?

Hunt

The Dynamis system when in use quickly drains batteries.

Turn everything off. Remove batteries from handset. Test all the batteries to be sure they are fresh. Now carefully install them.

Power up system with only one locomotive on track.

Still have problem contact Bachmann Service Dept. 

AGSB

According to the Dynamis instructions, the flashing green, left hand LED indicates a short on the tracks. Check everything out.

Bucksco

I think changing out the batteries with a good quality set of alkaline "AAA" batteries is a good suggestion. You might also consider investing in a set of rechargeable batteries for the handheld at some point.