News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Resin Buildings Thread

Started by Blackfive1994, January 27, 2015, 08:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfive1994

With Maithwaite Station, Brendam Warehouse, Black Loch Folly and Signal Box Resin Buildings selling successfully,

Write your ideas, views and suggestions for new Thomas resin buildings.

JLK2707

1. Dryaw station
2. Great Waterton station
3. Signal box no. 2
4. Windmill
5. Water tower
6. Knapford station
7. Wellsworth station
8. Tidmouth sheds
9. Sir topham hatt's mansion
10. Double track engine shed
11. Coal hopper
12. Water tower
13. Sodor shipping co warehouse
14. Maron station

AJW98Productions

Quote from: JLK2707 on January 27, 2015, 06:35:33 PM
1. Dryaw station
3. Signal box no. 2
4. Windmill
5. Water tower
6. Knapford station
7. Wellsworth station
8. Tidmouth sheds
11. Coal hopper
12. Water tower
14. Maron station
I know BACHMANN used to make a Knapford station model, I've seen it before...was it quietly discontinued?

Blackfive1994

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 28, 2015, 02:27:37 AM
1. Dryaw station
3. Signal box no. 2
4. Windmill
5. Water tower
6. Knapford station
7. Wellsworth station
8. Tidmouth sheds
11. Coal hopper
12. Water tower
14. Maron station
I know BACHMANN used to make a Knapford station model, I've seen it before...was it quietly discontinued?
No. that was Sodor Junction Station that was discontinued, not Knapford Station. Knapford Station is still available.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Blackfive1994 on January 28, 2015, 05:37:53 AM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 28, 2015, 02:27:37 AM
1. Dryaw station
3. Signal box no. 2
4. Windmill
5. Water tower
6. Knapford station
7. Wellsworth station
8. Tidmouth sheds
11. Coal hopper
12. Water tower
14. Maron station
No. that was Sodor Junction Station that was discontinued, not Knapford Station. Knapford Station is still available.
Oh, I was just looking online and couldn't find it anywhere though :( but I shall take your word for it :)

Blackfive1994

its product code is 45239. some online shop call it Knapford Station Building Kit while others say Knapford station. it is available on Bachmann's store site.

note: it is the plastic kit.

hope this helps.

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=879_756_772_773&products_id=1742

DinoNTrains

How about Henry's Tunnel? I've always thought it would be cool if Bachmann made one.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Blackfive1994

1. Dryaw station
3. Signal box no. 2
4. Windmill
5. Water tower
6. Knapford station
7. Wellsworth station
8. Tidmouth sheds
11. Coal hopper
12. Water tower
14. Maron station
no need for a resin windmill. we have a motorized one, unless you are thinking of the one from the classic series

Chaz

Well I did say in the 2015 thread that I wasn't going to mention buildings, so I guess this will be where I will talk about which buildings I could see next.  Even if the toy fair is in less than two weeks, I don't see that much harm in posting last minute thoughts, even if Bachmann probably already has the 2015 line all ready.

The Sodor Shipping Company I feel is almost inevitable if Bachmann wants to make a building to go along with the Brendam Warehouse.  It would make the most sense because not only would both of the buildings go well together, but it is also more iconic than the warehouse (at least in my opinion).  Plus Thomas fans can have a complete setup of Brendam Docks with these buildings along with Cranky, Salty, and some rolling stock. 

(Hornby model shown for a better angle and illustrative purposes)
A goods shed I think would also make a decent addition as well, since I think we could use some decent sheds in the range.  I know we already have the Bachmann Tidmouth sheds, but I feel like this would be a better seller for a handful of reasons.  One of them is it would be a lot smaller than Tidmouth sheds, which I think it would attract more fans into buying it since it would take up less space (especially when you consider how large Tidmouth sheds is).  The other is because it is resin, it is much easier to set up.  A decent two stall engine shed I think would be easier for parking Thomas engines and rolling stock on many model railroads. 

Toby's shed also meets the same criteria as the goods shed, the difference is that it is much smaller in length and a single stall shed, which I feel is another move Bachmann could pull off. 

Finally, if Bachmann were to do another station, I think the most logical step would be Wellsworth Station.  It's made regular appearances throughout the series, both classic and CGI, and is already fairly iconic to the show.  Especially when back in the day, it was referred to as "Edward's station".  It would even sell better than Maithwaite as there is no model of Wellsworth currently available, and I think this would be the most ideal station to see next in the range. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Blackfive1994

The Sodor Shipping Company shed would go well with the Brendam Warehouse, Chaz.

I thought Sodor Aiport would also be good since we have got Jeremy and Harold.

Anthony P2

I'd be fine with just a two road engine shed/goods shed instead of 3 different things like last year.

Blackfive1994

Quote from: Chaz on January 31, 2015, 02:41:12 PM
Well I did say in the 2015 thread that I wasn't going to mention buildings, so I guess this will be where I will talk about which buildings I could see next.  Even if the toy fair is in less than two weeks, I don't see that much harm in posting last minute thoughts, even if Bachmann probably already has the 2015 line all ready.

The Sodor Shipping Company I feel is almost inevitable if Bachmann wants to make a building to go along with the Brendam Warehouse.  It would make the most sense because not only would both of the buildings go well together, but it is also more iconic than the warehouse (at least in my opinion).  Plus Thomas fans can have a complete setup of Brendam Docks with these buildings along with Cranky, Salty, and some rolling stock. 

(Hornby model shown for a better angle and illustrative purposes)
A goods shed I think would also make a decent addition as well, since I think we could use some decent sheds in the range.  I know we already have the Bachmann Tidmouth sheds, but I feel like this would be a better seller for a handful of reasons.  One of them is it would be a lot smaller than Tidmouth sheds, which I think it would attract more fans into buying it since it would take up less space (especially when you consider how large Tidmouth sheds is).  The other is because it is resin, it is much easier to set up.  A decent two stall engine shed I think would be easier for parking Thomas engines and rolling stock on many model railroads. 

Toby's shed also meets the same criteria as the goods shed, the difference is that it is much smaller in length and a single stall shed, which I feel is another move Bachmann could pull off. 

Finally, if Bachmann were to do another station, I think the most logical step would be Wellsworth Station.  It's made regular appearances throughout the series, both classic and CGI, and is already fairly iconic to the show.  Especially when back in the day, it was referred to as "Edward's station".  It would even sell better than Maithwaite as there is no model of Wellsworth currently available, and I think this would be the most ideal station to see next in the range. 
what about the Town Hall. if they do that, they should also do Alicia Botti figure.

DoggySporty

I think Henry's Tunnel would be a great idea, since tunnels are pretty iconic to model railroads to begin with.  Even though not much has been seen of Sir Topham Hatt's house, I think that's really clever too, and would sell simply due to the "Topham Hatt" association.  A coal bunker would look great by a station as well

Blackfive1994

Quote from: DoggySporty on February 10, 2015, 01:31:44 PM
I think Henry's Tunnel would be a great idea, since tunnels are pretty iconic to model railroads to begin with.  Even though not much has been seen of Sir Topham Hatt's house, I think that's really clever too, and would sell simply due to the "Topham Hatt" association.  A coal bunker would look great by a station as well
Hemry's tunnel would be especially good, considering that tunnels are more to do yourself kind of work in the modelling world.